Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Urgent help please Brussels airlines to BA delay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Urgent help please Brussels airlines to BA delay

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
Originally Posted by RaoulM
This is the precise reason I stopped flying BA - a complete lack of courtesy or concern and a willingness to keep my money for services not provided.

Plans sometimes change and you need to add a standalone flight from LHR to MAN - BA's unwillingness to even consider flexibility in their rebooking policy was what annoyed me. After the second time I was caught out and left hanging talking to someone in India I decided to boycott BA going forward.
over the last decade or so, I have seen some utter b******s talked on this forum, but this takes the biscuit! Congrats to the op for his grown up attitude and taking it on the chin. I missed a CDG-LHR last year because my incoming QR (separate pnr) was late. There are times you need to just fix a grin, make a mental note to self, and just go with the consequences of the risk you knowingly took
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by RaoulM
This is the precise reason I stopped flying BA - a complete lack of courtesy or concern and a willingness to keep my money for services not provided.

Plans sometimes change and you need to add a standalone flight from LHR to MAN - BA's unwillingness to even consider flexibility in their rebooking policy was what annoyed me. After the second time I was caught out and left hanging talking to someone in India I decided to boycott BA going forward.
Complete nonsense. In the OP's case, BA did deliver the service but the OP was a no show. The fact that he was delayed on a separate booking on a competitor airline is of no relevance at all to BA.

There is no way BA will consider this under CofC. The options in such circumstances as we all know are either a fully flexible ticket or a single booking or to leave more than 2 hours contingency. However if you are expecting to benefit from the savings of these arrangements and then for BA to rescue you when it goes pear shaped you are a touch naïve.

Fortunately the OP seems a little more pragmatic and has taken it all on the chin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.