Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Urgent help please Brussels airlines to BA delay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Urgent help please Brussels airlines to BA delay

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:38 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Lefly
It could work, since BRU is not that big, but I would't choose it.
From my memory, it can be a loooong way to a departure gate at the end even if with the mechanised walkway.

Just an alternative in the future, 20-30 minutes to Brussels midi, 2 hours from midi to Euston, 2:15 from Euston to Manchester Picadilly. Depending on time of day, a Manchester end ticket could be flexible, Eurostar have (in my experience) seem to be ok with delayed trains and rebooking you on the next one (and can have oneways Ł30 if booked in advance).
Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Smid
From my memory, it can be a loooong way to a departure gate at the end even if with the mechanised walkway.
A bit (there is worse ) but theoretically while you reach the baggage reclaim they are unloading the bags, so it also mean less wait for them once there
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IC Plat Elt, Hilton Diamond, QF silver
Hi All
Just can I say a huge thank you to you all for your constructive comments. Unfortunately I was not HBO and thus missed the connection (and any chance of compensation as the flight was under 3 hours late). currently in BRU looking at the options, like it's been said time and time again on this forum I took the risk and lost , lesson learned.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: BA GGL
Good attitude! Sorry it didn't work out for you, but do try quoting the flat tyre rule. Point them to Conditions of Carriage section 3c4 (thanks, Airprox, for the specifics!)
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:16 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Good attitude! Sorry it didn't work out for you, but do try quoting the flat tyre rule. Point them to Conditions of Carriage section 3c4 (thanks, Airprox, for the specifics!)
You might have better luck with the Silver line than the outsourced outstation staff at BRU.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by sualg
Hi All
Just can I say a huge thank you to you all for your constructive comments. Unfortunately I was not HBO and thus missed the connection (and any chance of compensation as the flight was under 3 hours late). currently in BRU looking at the options, like it's been said time and time again on this forum I took the risk and lost , lesson learned.
Any update, sualg? Are you sorted?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:24 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by sualg
Hi All
Did you try talking to SN? They were the ones that delayed you into BRU, and if there is a direct flight perhaps they could rebook you on it (even though you are on two separate tickets).
Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Good attitude! Sorry it didn't work out for you,
Agreed.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:52 am

Pray tell us, @sualg, how did you get back?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IC Plat Elt, Hilton Diamond, QF silver
Hi Guys. So ended up booking the Flybe/SN BRU-BHX at 13:10hrs as my little boy started to get quite sick in the terminal. Paid a huge premium. Spoke to both the silver line and the SN desk at BRU both expressed sympathy but stated it was my problem to resolve. Now I'm off on the train to pick up my car from MAN. Happy Days.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: UA MM Lifetime Gold, Delta Gold, SPG/ Marriott Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
This is the precise reason I stopped flying BA - a complete lack of courtesy or concern and a willingness to keep my money for services not provided.

Plans sometimes change and you need to add a standalone flight from LHR to MAN - BA's unwillingness to even consider flexibility in their rebooking policy was what annoyed me. After the second time I was caught out and left hanging talking to someone in India I decided to boycott BA going forward.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:39 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by RaoulM
This is the precise reason I stopped flying BA - a complete lack of courtesy or concern and a willingness to keep my money for services not provided.

Plans sometimes change and you need to add a standalone flight from LHR to MAN - BA's unwillingness to even consider flexibility in their rebooking policy was what annoyed me. After the second time I was caught out and left hanging talking to someone in India I decided to boycott BA going forward.
I'm still angry about the time the train to Arlanda was shut down and BA refused to rebook me despite me following the flate tyre rule.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 9:04 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K

With respect, did you read the fare rules or CoC? If you did you would know that BA owes you nothing when you don't make it to ticket 2 of s self-constructed itinerary .
Old Jul 11, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President

You may consider not to fly anymore.
BA kept your money for services they did not provided under precise circumstances you likely did not meet.
How can possibly be their fault?

U
Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC

With respect, we're talking here about a completely separate airline, not the same one and not even a member of the same alliance. I think it's fair for them to say no - after all, this is what insurance is for.

If it had been a late BA inbound (or even a OW partner, especially if a codeshare exists and therefore the flights are linked commercially) I would expect them to look a bit more favourably. Not saying it's guaranteed in any case, but I'd like to think that even in its current state, BA would at least consider helping out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.