Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

IAD has 'made a mistake' [on CCR card dining]

IAD has 'made a mistake' [on CCR card dining]

Old Jul 5, 2017, 4:00 am

Programs: BA GGL. Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Great news. Sounds positive!
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott TfL, Hertz 5*
Email complaint sent in, phone call back and TSA Precheck update

I used the IAD lounge on 29/6 and was told the same 'we made a mistake in letting you in before' story.

I emailed 'Priority' the day after, complaining about the rebranding to FD and the total lack of notice. I was phoned by BA some 24 hours later and got the same positive 'vibe' that a lot of people had complained and that this decision was being reviewed.

I made the point that the CCR/FD lounge at IAD had never been more than half full when I had been in it, so my presence was not denying F passengers the opportunity to dine.

I still feel that there is a lack of clarity around, as I asked about DXB and SIN and was told that CCR card holders were only entitled to access CCR lounges in LHR and JFK.

On a much more positive point, I had also complained about BA not being a TSA PreCheck airline and was told that this was in progress and expected to be completed by the end of 2017
Old Jul 5, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
So stepping back and looking at IAD there is now only one lounge available for premium card holders - which is the Club lounge. This is one of the poorer ones in the USA in my opinion. The bar is awful, the quality of wine is mediocre and there is no champagne. The Club pre-flight dining is also particularly poor compared to ORD and JFK (the menu may be the same , but the quality isn't).

BA really do seem to be loosing the plot ...

Originally Posted by wenzlydale
I used the IAD lounge on 29/6 and was told the same 'we made a mistake in letting you in before' story.

I emailed 'Priority' the day after, complaining about the rebranding to FD and the total lack of notice. I was phoned by BA some 24 hours later and got the same positive 'vibe' that a lot of people had complained and that this decision was being reviewed.

I made the point that the CCR/FD lounge at IAD had never been more than half full when I had been in it, so my presence was not denying F passengers the opportunity to dine.

I still feel that there is a lack of clarity around, as I asked about DXB and SIN and was told that CCR card holders were only entitled to access CCR lounges in LHR and JFK.

On a much more positive point, I had also complained about BA not being a TSA PreCheck airline and was told that this was in progress and expected to be completed by the end of 2017
Old Jul 5, 2017, 4:45 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by camdentown
So stepping back and looking at IAD there is now only one lounge available for premium card holders - which is the Club lounge. This is one of the poorer ones in the USA in my opinion. The bar is awful, the quality of wine is mediocre and there is no champagne. The Club pre-flight dining is also particularly poor compared to ORD and JFK (the menu may be the same , but the quality isn't).

BA really do seem to be loosing the plot ...
Out of interest, which other BA operated lounges have you used?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: BA GGL. Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Was in the IAD lounge last week and there is no update on the CCR situation. They are still claiming it is First pre dining only despite the sign outside the door saying Concorde Dining.
All in all this is pathetic from BA. How to annoy their most frequent travellers...when there is absolutely no need to do so.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by LHRagain
Was in the IAD lounge last week and there is no update on the CCR situation. They are still claiming it is First pre dining only despite the sign outside the door saying Concorde Dining.
All in all this is pathetic from BA. How to annoy their most frequent travellers...when there is absolutely no need to do so.
Good to hear BA are keeping firm on this point, and it is perfectly right to deny first class dining to CCR cardholders, since meals are an aspect of air travel where class of travel determines entitlement and status is irrelevant.

Do those CCR cardholders who think otherwise also demand to use the loos in the First Class cabin even when they aren't flying in F? There's no logical difference between these demands ...
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Originally Posted by CCayley
Good to hear BA are keeping firm on this point, and it is perfectly right to deny first class dining to CCR cardholders, since meals are an aspect of air travel where class of travel determines entitlement and status is irrelevant.

Do those CCR cardholders who think otherwise also demand to use the loos in the First Class cabin even when they aren't flying in F? There's no logical difference between these demands ...
Like Gold Card holders demanding to use the 'First Wing' and the 'First Class Lounge'?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AdBoy
Like Gold Card holders demanding to use the 'First Wing' and the 'First Class Lounge'?
Exactly, or silver card holders using the business lounges when flying Y.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by CCayley

But there is a logical difference. CCR Cardholders travelling in any class are entitled to use the CCRs at LHR and JFK where they are permitted to enjoy pre-flight dining in the Concorde Dining Rooms at both. IAD has been branded a Concorde Dining Room ergo it is not unreasonable for a CCR Cardholder to believe they should have access.

That said, the official position is that CCR Cardholders do not have First dining privileges at any First or Concorde Dining Room (except at LHR and JFK) unless they are travelling in First.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
BA has made far to many minor distinctions across its system and that has led to damage to both its premium brand and to its top elite brand, e.g. F & CCR (if not Gold).

Ultimately, BA is faced with space restrictions which it does not control (IAD is a good example of a location where expansion is likely out of the question).

The question then arises as to whether it maintains an F or F+others and whether that differs at LHR, JFK, BOS, IAD, and as time passes elsewhere.

The question of how this affects CCR flying in <F is irrelevant. If in F, the CCR does nothing more or less than the ticket itself.
crazyanglaisy likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Utterly ridiculous that this hasn't been resolved yet. Do BA really think that their average F class traveller is more valuable to them than their average CCR cardholding traveller?

Last edited by crazyanglaisy; Aug 23, 2017 at 8:52 am
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Utterly ridiculous that this hasn't been resolved yet. Do BA really think that their average F class traveller is more valuable to them than their average CCR cardholding traveller?
I'm not sure if it is the individual 'average' that counts. Another question for an airline with limited resources at outstations might be 'Do BA consider their F class passengers, as a whole, CCR or not, more valuable to them than their CCR cardholding travellers who are travelling in a lower cabin?'
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
The wonderful class system rears its head. What right do you have to make such a sweeping judgment?
jhjunc likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:57 am

It is resolved. Only F passengers are entitled to pre-flight dining in the Concorde Dining Room at IAD.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
It is resolved. Only F passengers are entitled to pre-flight dining in the Concorde Dining Room at IAD.
The Boston lounge solves the problem by putting toblerones on the table saying First dining.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.