Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

IAD has 'made a mistake' [on CCR card dining]

IAD has 'made a mistake' [on CCR card dining]

Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by CCayley
On that basis when some stressed lounge guardian allows a DYKWIA gold cardholder into a lounge with their wife and two kids because the lounge is quiet and they are too stressed to face yet another verbal assault from an obnoxious git of a passsenger, the guesting rules have been changed to "families welcome".
Only that isn't what has happened here.

Don't let the facts detract from your need to rant about over-entitlement and fantasists though.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by strichener
Only that isn't what has happened here.

Don't let the facts detract from your need to rant about over-entitlement and fantasists though.
What does your CCR letter say about the benefits it provides?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
What does your CCR letter say about the benefits it provides?
What is the relevance of a letter sent out at a specific point in time? Did the letters that were sent out in Q1 2015 state that access was available? The OW website certainly did.

My point is that having a letter from BA that does not include a specific benefit does not make those that have received these benefits in the past over-entitled or fantasists. Do you disagree?

For Info this was the information in the lounge database in 2015:

British Airways Lounge
Location details: Airside - after Security take the train to Concourse B and go up to the Concourse Level, and lounge is straight ahead

Opening hours: Opening hours 1430hrs until 2230hrs

Notes: Club World pre flight dining opens at 1600hrs onwards First guests and Concorde Card holders may dine in the Concorde Dining Room from 1430hrs onwards
orbitmic likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
What is the relevance of a letter sent out at a specific point in time? Did the letters that were sent out in Q1 2015 state that access was available? The OW website certainly did.

My point is that having a letter from BA that does not include a specific benefit does not make those that have received these benefits in the past over-entitled or fantasists. Do you disagree?

They obviously received the benefits as a gesture of good will - they were never listed in the actual letter from BA. But there was no official entitlement to them, and now BA are making that clear.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

Presumably your quote is from the FlyerTalk Lounge Database rather than an official BA source? At no point has BA stated (either on its website or in communications with CCR Cardholders) that CCR Cardholders are entitled to pre-flight dining in any lounge other than the CCRs at LHR and JFK.

I see where the entitlement was presumed, and why there was confusion all around about access. My view is that where lounges/dining rooms/bars use the word 'Concorde' then CCR Cardholders should be entitled to use them.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Utterly ridiculous that this hasn't been resolved yet. Do BA really think that their average F class traveller is more valuable to them than their average CCR cardholding traveller?
Before I got to this post which is, in the grand scheme of things, splitting hairs between CCR and F, I was thinking to myself : does BA really give a squat about any traveller less than Premier, or any traveller otherwise not in Y?

At the premium end, there is confused branding everywhere - from this thread , to pax in CE not getting a meal for nit-picking reasons such as "you were upgraded" to "you must have bought your ticket late" (forgive me for not linking to the threads). And we know the CW seat design is 18 years old, yet still being rolled out on new 787s. A rubbish-strewn CW seat was presented at boarding in another thread. Your CW seat is broken or IFE fails ? BA robo-email says.... "we're terribly sorry to hear about your experience ...and hope to see you again soon". Racked up 200000 Avios in CW and want to use them on a CW redemption where and when YOU want?....computer says no (according to the BA redemption finder yesterday, I could go to Cape Town...in July 2018). And then, gold card in one hand and excited partner in the other (having used an Amex 2-4-1) I risk turning up for my holiday planned 11 months in advance because of limited availability, only to be told that I have been downgraded to WT+ For an overnight sector....and given a very disingenuous explanation of what compensation I would be entitled to. Ah yes, status has its privileges.

Don't get me wrong - Its perfectly legitimate for people to post their disappointments in Flyertalk, and most of us on here are frequent and premium cabin travellers so our views are over-represented to a degree...but I'm sorry to burst your bubble: BA does not give a squat about you. The worlds wealth is concentrated in fewer people and they don't fly on scheduled carriers; international business is increasingly done by video and email, not travel. Your CW seat is blocking the way for twice as many economy pax who cost less to service because they get less, and with more of them, BA can then lever greater discounts from suppliers. Shareholders and management bonuses come first.

Enjoy what you get from BA ....or go somewhere else. I did.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I see where the entitlement was presumed, and why there was confusion all around about access. My view is that where lounges/dining rooms/bars use the word 'Concorde' then CCR Cardholders should be entitled to use them.
I agree with your suggestion. I think, however, that the broader point made by strichener was that regardless of the intention, the policy that seems to be enacted now is clearly a downgrade of benefits in practice. IAD may have accepted us 'mistakenly' but it was accepting us 'systematically' for years, even if it was on an informal basis. Similarly, as I mentioned, whilst never listed formally, I had confirmation of formal entitlement to the SIN Concorde Bar for CCR cardholders from Nicci at the time so however unwritten, it clearly was a willing decision by BA to allow us in, not just a mistake by locals.

For this reason, I disagree with the notion KARFA suggests of a 'gesture of good will'. This would refer to one off/occasional allowances due to specific circumstances whilst here we are talking about a systematic (if informal) arrangement that lasted years.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by orbitmic
For this reason, I disagree with the notion KARFA suggests of a 'gesture of good will'. This would refer to one off/occasional allowances due to specific circumstances whilst here we are talking about a systematic (if informal) arrangement that lasted years.
Indeed, and when you reverse such a thing, rather than positively affirming it, you're showing basically slack management thinking. If this was seriously a concern it should have been addressed upstream, rather than be allowed to drag on for years with informally open policies. Not having had a change to check BOS out until this coming weekend I can't say if this latest space is the victim of potential overcrowding and the straw that broke etc etc, but it sure has taken way too long for this to be resolved/changed. The law's the law, but I can sympathise with those who became accustomed to previously long standing arrangements.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 7:39 pm

Concorde Room cardholder denied access to IAD Concorde Dining

CCR cardholder flying BA CW IAD/LHR but was denied access to the Concorde dining room. Lounge dragon indicated that the rules have changed and currently exclude CCR cardholders. Was flying the same sector in March 2017 in CW. Was allowed access then.

Does anyone know if the rules have changed?
Old Sep 2, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
Yes there is an existing thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...rd-dining.html

It appears to be a recent change but consistently applied.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by rather_be_on_a_griffin
Yes there is an existing thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...rd-dining.html

It appears to be a recent change but consistently applied.
Thank you RBOAG. Very disappointing indeed!
Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:21 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I'd like to see your workings here... You really think that people do TP runs for CCR cards (5000 TPs)?
I did. (I had 4800 by the ordinary method...)
Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by hsmall
I did. (I had 4800 by the ordinary method...)
I suspect the majority of GGL/CCRs on here did/do.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
I certainly look out for TP-efficient routings (I fear it has become an unchallengeable mindset for me since frequenting this website!) I'm sure others do the same, as well as topping up the last few points if necessary. But, surely no-one sets out from scratch to earn a CCR card by TP-running?!
Markie likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
I suspect so. In my case: DUB-LHR-HEL-LHR-DUB over the Easter bank holiday weekend....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.