Search

It's open season on BA in the UK press

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by KARFA
Why?
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
That Ryanair fee is their current 50% discount 'special offer'. They normally charge anything between £4 to £16 on their shorter routes (with no discount except on the £4 seats if selected at the booking stage) and they do have dynamic pricing at times.
It suits me well because it only discriminates between rows. I don't mind where I sit on the plane as long as it is a window seat. And that 'special offer' has been there for quite a while now; many months!

I wonder if BA will do any special offers for seating, or maybe the opposite; make it more expensive!
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
If you buy 3 tickets for your kids and yourselves, shouldn't you be allowed to sit next to them without worrying about it?
I believe this is a basic, fundamental right.
Perhaps some research is in order before floating these ideas?

a) you can't book a separate ticket for an under 12 year old, as shown on ba.com - "All children under 12 years of age must always be accompanied by an adult passenger."

b) as stated here on ba.com "We will make sure each child under 12 years sits next to an adult from your booking but children over 12 years are booked as an adult in our system and may sit separately."
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
It suits me well because it only discriminates between rows. I don't mind where I sit on the plane as long as it is a window seat. And that 'special offer' has been there for quite a while now; many months!

I wonder if BA will do any special offers for seating, or maybe the opposite; make it more expensive!
They sure do, absolutely free for all those on your booking if you have Bronze/OWRuby status or above ^
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Perhaps some research is in order before floating these ideas?

a) you can't book a separate ticket for an under 12 year old, as shown on ba.com - "All children under 12 years of age must always be accompanied by an adult passenger."

b) as stated here on ba.com "We will make sure each child under 12 years sits next to an adult from your booking but children over 12 years are booked as an adult in our system and may sit separately."
12 years old may be appropriate in some cases but not all. Why not make it 16? It isn't like they give a discount for child seats anyway and APD is now based on under/over 16
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:23 am

If you buy 3 tickets for your kids and yourselves, shouldn't you be allowed to sit next to them without worrying about it?
I believe this is a basic, fundamental right.
Exactly what happens then.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Here's a good one https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/392996...ath-by-bosses/
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:34 pm

BA to focus on Newsnight tonight

"The paradox of the national brand carrier"
"Profits are flying but the brand is having a bumpy ride"

3rd item on I believe.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA
For those interested BBC Newsnight is covering BA. BBC2
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:37 pm

BA to focus on Newsnight tonight
They're all sitting there in the Ops room watching intently.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:58 pm

Basically a summary of everything we read on FT
Old Aug 10, 2017, 4:02 pm

A decent and balanced piece, although didn't offer any new insights that we FTers haven't seen before.

Undoubtedly the "BA is sh*t" narrative has become a very mainstream news story this year.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
I agree, it was a well balanced piece of journalism, much better than the stories that fail to grasp the concept of the need to provide a balance of opinions, BZ Newsnight.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 4:08 pm
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
For those interested BBC Newsnight is covering BA. BBC2
They used my footage !!! I will count that as content contribution to the BBC.

Last edited by When I Travel The World; Aug 10, 2017 at 4:54 pm
Old Aug 10, 2017, 4:54 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by When I Travel The World
Yay !! They used my footage !!! I have now been shown on the BBC !
Without permission? Somewhat cheeky, but fairly typical of the BBC.

I wouldn't hold your breath for the commission though. Many years ago, when I was doing a fair bit of media work, I appeared on Radio 5 in a pre-recorded piece with Pat Murphy talking about Norwich City FC. Whilst the recording itself took an hour, after editing my voice was used for perhaps 30 seconds in a piece lasting a few minutes.

Nonetheless, I was told I'd get an appearance fee - so imagine my delight when some weeks later a cheque dropped through my door. Sadly, this turned out to be for a grand total of 18p ...
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I missed it. (In the pub). What did it say?
johnspenceruk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.