Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Chase Credit Card 50,000 Avios TRICK (Vaseline)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Chase Credit Card 50,000 Avios TRICK (Vaseline)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
You'd need to be in compliance with BAEC terms and conditions as well - just because the Avios have reached BA doesn't mean they can't be removed for a wide range of actions (including "deceit"), even if there's a reward flight booked, that could be cancelled too.

If the type of purchase is unprecedented that would make it much easier for BA / Chase to act. We're not talking making and cancelling a hotel booking where it's something that you've done 10 times previously
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by HIDDY
What has Vaseline got to do with this?
Originally Posted by SteveF
Or toasters .
Thank you for asking these questions - I am intrigued.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by HilFly
Thank you for asking these questions - I am intrigued.
It's a mystery (cheese) .
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Kangorucci. NZGE.KLM Gold. VS gold
Vaseline because I assume its all a bit slippery, Toaster perhaps Popup but I have been doing the Times Cryptic today so its a guess
Old Jun 24, 2017, 5:08 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Marriot Gold
I am not trying to cheat them I was only asking (Pantomine)
If I was to buy a pre-paid card for debit from a store that can be-filled with a CC all i need to do here is fill it of 3k and use the debit card to pay off the balance.
Another loop-hole
Old Jun 24, 2017, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by COREi5
I am not trying to cheat them I was only asking (Pantomine)
If I was to buy a pre-paid card for debit from a store that can be-filled with a CC all i need to do here is fill it of 3k and use the debit card to pay off the balance.
Another loop-hole
The truth is that most of the loop holes have been found and closed long ago.

There is a whole forum on FT about these exploits. You'll get better advice there.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by COREi5
You must live a very sheltered life.

If it's shady or not, it's not illegal or against there rules. I am unsure why people are quoting FlyerTalk rules.

My question has been answered. (Toaster)
Believe that if you wish, you are proposing to use premeditated deception in order to make a gain.

That is disgraceful behaviour.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:12 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by HIDDY
What has Vaseline got to do with this?
I'm guessing it makes it easy to search for in the future?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
It kind of annoys me when people put the word morality next to banks and credit cards and talk absolute nonsense about Amex "claiming back the 2-4-1" or the bonus Avios triggered. The reality is that you can do it and chances are very low that they will come after you. Yet, to avoid any retaliation and to be able to sleep at night (lol), just trigger the bonus and then spend what you have to spend in your own time.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by umbyboy
It kind of annoys me when people put the word morality next to banks and credit cards and talk absolute nonsense about Amex "claiming back the 2-4-1" or the bonus Avios triggered. The reality is that you can do it and chances are very low that they will come after you. Yet, to avoid any retaliation and to be able to sleep at night (lol), just trigger the bonus and then spend what you have to spend in your own time.
It is still criminal activity.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
It is still criminal activity.
Indeed and so is, morally, charging the interest rates they charge.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:48 am

Oh dear ... bank interest rates are irrelevant to this topic.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 2:09 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Of course, if you pay off in full every month, then this simply doesn't enter the equation. I would hazard a guess that people who have a credit limit high enough to buy $10k dollars worth of anything and the ability to pay it off whilst waiting for the refund are most likely in that position. They are also likely to have an absolutely excellent credit rating.

One might therefore argue that the morality is all one way in this case ...

Now, if I were in that position, personally I probably would not want to take the chance on being blacklisted, have all sort of notes on my credit file, and risk an investigation for fraud for the sake of $600 or so worth of Avios. The risk vs reward simply doesn't stack up.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
... Now, if I were in that position, personally I probably would not want to take the chance on being blacklisted, have all sort of notes on my credit file, and risk an investigation for fraud for the sake of $600 or so worth of Avios. The risk vs reward simply doesn't stack up.
The value of the gain in this scenario is circa US$1,400, representing the price the OP would be charged if he legitimately purchased 50,000 Avios from BA. The loss to the bank would of course be less than that figure as it would certainly purchase Avios at a wholesale rate.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:47 am

FWIW it takes MONTHS for these banks to transfer a credit balance from a card to a bank account. In 2016 I legitimately paid the balance in full for a sporting event (NHL Playoff as part of season tix) that were ultimately refunded. It took a full and fun 2 months to try to get the money back after I had a nice fat credit balance on my credit card account.

ETA My recollection is that my team got eliminated so quickly miles never posted.

Last edited by pony_trekker; Jun 25, 2017 at 7:09 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.