FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA [no longer suits my needs] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1849779-ba-no-longer-suits-my-needs.html)

liamvad Jun 23, 2017 2:57 pm

BA [no longer suits my needs]

Have done loads of trips with BA all over Europe,but due to BoB,shoddy service,dirty aircraft,and indifferent CC my last trip is in July to EDI,one way is CE,after that no more BA for me,just blagged a flight to EDI in Sept,FLYBE,£39.00 including seat reservation and taxes,and in a propeller airplane!Lovely.
What a shame BA has become so poor for service,and lack of care for it's 'customers'.Will BA still be around in a few years time?

darthlemsip Jun 23, 2017 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by liamvad (Post 28479279)
Have done loads of trips with BA all over Europe,but due to BoB,shoddy service,dirty aircraft,and indifferent CC my last trip is in July to EDI,one way is CE,after that no more BA for me,just blagged a flight to EDI in Sept,FLYBE,£39.00 including seat reservation and taxes,and in a propeller airplane!Lovely.
What a shame BA has become so poor for service,and lack of care for it's 'customers'.Will BA still be around in a few years time?

Yes.

However I still believe we'll see an ever bigger schism between short haul and long haul

SteveF Jun 23, 2017 3:01 pm

Great thread title on a BA forum...

Oxon Flyer Jun 23, 2017 3:04 pm

Whatever could be said about BA, at least they have a working space bar.... :p

V10 Jun 23, 2017 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer (Post 28479302)

OP is already aligned with the latest BA thinking. Spacebars can be enhanced to several additional "£" keys. :p

noniron Jun 23, 2017 3:14 pm

Thank you for posting a new thread entitled simply BA.

I am quite sure that British Airways will be in contact with you shortly as they are so concerned with the loss of your EDI booking.

Dambus Jun 23, 2017 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer (Post 28479302)

A working Space BAr? Hmmm.

Does Hans Solo fly BA??

Greenpen Jun 23, 2017 3:53 pm

I think I must have missed something I here. What is all the fuss about space bars?

Geordie405 Jun 23, 2017 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by darthlemsip (Post 28479288)
Yes.

However I still believe we'll see an ever bigger schism between short haul and long haul

I actually think the schism will be between WT / WT+ and Club / First.

SteveF Jun 23, 2017 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Greenpen (Post 28479464)
I think I must have missed something I here. What is all the fuss about space bars?

The OP's keyboard doesn't appear to have one.

LondonElite Jun 23, 2017 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Dambus (Post 28479338)
A working Space BAr? Hmmm.

Does Hans Solo fly BA??

Is he the Danish cousin?

jday Jun 23, 2017 4:58 pm

Why is a propeller plane so lovely?!

passy777 Jun 23, 2017 5:12 pm

The responses to the OP on this thread (including a moderator) hardly encourages people to post.

Grow up!

corporate-wage-slave Jun 23, 2017 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by liamvad (Post 28479279)

Well, I'm afraid I won't be joining you. FlyBe's timekeeping is pretty terrible, those turbo-prop aircrafts are more cramped and a lot more noisy than BA's Airbuses, with significantly less overhead space and take somewhat longer to do the trip. You are probably looking at a bus connection at both ends, and no lounge access. And if you want the miniscule Avios earning from FlyBe then you have to claim within a 10 day (in reality 7 day) window. FlyBe is BOB, their aircraft are no cleaner than BA, and have no CE offering even if you wanted it. The cheapest BA HBO fare is about £70 from LHR (£39 from LGW) and now includes seat reservation with status, as well as lounge access, with a particularly good BA lounge at EDI. For those of us starting from EDI, the onward connectivity options on a FlyBe ticket from LHR onwards are fairly lame. BA has 12 to 14 services a day from T5 to EDI, FlyBe has 4 flights during the week.

I think the question is rather more whether FlyBe will be around in a few years, given where they are at the moment, and I have my doubts about the longevity of the LHR-EDI service in particular.

Mixbury Jun 23, 2017 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 28479781)
Well, I'm afraid I won't be joining you. FlyBe's timekeeping is pretty terrible, those turbo-prop aircrafts are more cramped and a lot more noisy than BA's Airbuses, with significantly less overhead space and take somewhat longer to do the trip. You are probably looking at a bus connection at both ends, and no lounge access. And if you want the miniscule Avios earning from FlyBe then you have to claim within a 10 day (in reality 7 day) window. FlyBe is BOB, their aircraft are no cleaner than BA, and have no CE offering even if you wanted it. The cheapest BA HBO fare is about £70 from LHR (£39 from LGW) and now includes seat reservation with status, as well as lounge access, with a particularly good BA lounge at EDI. For those of us starting from EDI, the onward connectivity options on a FlyBe ticket from LHR onwards are fairly lame. BA has 12 to 14 services a day from T5 to EDI, FlyBe has 4 flights during the week.

I think the question is rather more whether FlyBe will be around in a few years, given where they are at the moment, and I have my doubts about the longevity of the LHR-EDI service in particular.

Unusually pointed for the normally magnanimous c-w-s.