Wiki Posts
Search

Very good ground and flight experience

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Very good ground and flight experience

For a change i thought i would post what was a fantastic experience we had yesterday.From entering T5 to leaving the plane nothing could of been done better,so here goes.

Got dropped at arrivals by the hire car shuttle so took the lift up and then walked along to the first wing,this would be our first visit.
All 3 podiums had staff on so joked with them as to which one we were going to choose.Once visa check done on to security both lanes were open so hubby went one side and me the other,all i can say is wow what a difference happy and friendly staff laughing and joking with you making the whole thing much more pleasant.
Walked up to the CCR which was very quiet.I have to say the staff were truly brilliant,had a really nice breakfast and our server kept coming back to see if we wanted anything else.
When we left the CCR it was on go to gate by the time we got there it was on final boarding,again staff very friendly saying it changed so quick as it was very lightly loaded.
Was meet at the door by the csd and shown to our seats.This was our first time on a 787-9 so the crew explained the features of the cabin.After taxing to the runway and being in the queue for take off we then turned off and started taxing back to the airport apparently all departures on our route had been suspended due to weather over Belgium.First officer come on and explained what was going on and he kept us fully informed the whole time.
And after not to long of a wait we were off.
Crew jumped into action and delivered a fantastic service.I had pre ordered my main meal but was asked if i wanted to change my mind,i stuck with my choice.
I really enjoyed both meals the food was very nice.Drinks were always being topped up.Crew really were very friendly and helpful.
Plane was very lightly loaded,4 in F,5 in CW,4 in WTP and a had a wander down to WT i didn't count but there were quite a few people making there own flat bed lol.
Walked up the ramp after leaving the plane and went a bit further and further with still no immigration in sight,my hubby sometimes struggles to walk long distances well today must of been our lucky day as then i spot a buggy,flagged him down and he drove us there,it did seem quite a way,so in the end we end up first through immigration.
So as you all gathered i really enjoyed myself yesterday and well done to BA when they do it right its great.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Good news 😊👍 Where did you fly to?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold; TK Elite Plus: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
sounds great, thanks for sharing . Where to?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks for replies. Flight was to Abu Dhabi. Having a great time here weather is great.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by tia2013
Thanks for replies. Flight was to Abu Dhabi. Having a great time here weather is great.
Delighted you had a great experience.

Very light loads in the premium classes.

Enjoy your stay!
Old Jun 25, 2017, 4:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tia2013
Thanks for bumping your positive story. ^

I missed it as good BA experiences tend to disappear from the front page very quickly on FT.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 11:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
A light load is one of the great things to lead to a great flight! I guess you are up against Ethiad on this route

Curious that you didnt mention destination in your original thread; had to re read to see whether I had missed it!

Great they showed you how the F cabin worked ; I struggled alone when I flew the 789

I presune this was a 6 hour 'day' flight

Sounds a very pleasant experience

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.