Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Family of 4 in CW - auto allocated seats

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2017, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deadinabsentia
Because that is the cost of the transaction? and they want the product?
Why must everything be free?
Certainly the airline is entitled to find profit where they can.
I'm just asking for opinions on if anyone would pay 300 GBP or risk it t-24 hours based on the current loads ?
Old Nov 22, 2017, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Yes some people would happily pay the Ł300 (Ł600 if you include the return) to get the seats they want but many won't.

For children aged under 12 years BA will seat each so they are adjacent to an adult - that might mean you are in (based on the map you posted) e.g. 14G and Child in 14 J and that would meet the CAA rules which includes across the aisle or one row in front or behind as being adjacent

And BA don't wait until T-24 to allocate seats when children are involved they do it 2-3 days before before general free of payment for all seating opens.

Last edited by UKtravelbear; Nov 22, 2017 at 2:11 am
Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by rtid
I'm just asking for opinions on if anyone would pay 300 GBP or risk it t-24 hours based on the current loads ?
​​​​​​​
BOM 01/05/18 1:15 PM
LHR 01/05/18 5:55 PM
F0 A0 J2 C0 D0 R0 I0 W7 E0 T0 Y2 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0
Those are extreme numbers for a flight over a month out. Expect that flight to be completely full and quite likely some bumps too. If you are really keen to avoid being split up (2 + 2), you should consider paying for a row of 4. I think (but don't know) that this would also reduce your chance of being bumped/downgraded. It's a lot of money to stump up though.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:03 am

Because that is the cost of the transaction? and they want the product?
Why must everything be free?
Certainly the airline is entitled to find profit where they can.
Not exactly very helpful to the traveller was it?

It's pretty clear they were trying to work out how many seats might still be unreserved when check in opens so didn't really warrant such a pureile reply.

In my experience the window seats tend to go first/get paid for on most airlines with the middles less attractive and available at T-24.
ttama likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 4:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
Originally Posted by simons1
Not exactly very helpful to the traveller was it?

It's pretty clear they were trying to work out how many seats might still be unreserved when check in opens so didn't really warrant such a pureile reply.

In my experience the window seats tend to go first/get paid for on most airlines with the middles less attractive and available at T-24.

On the contrary, the OP is trying to get something for free that clearly has value.
If you want it. Pay for it.
This is the BA board, not United. Most here aren't fans of giving things away, like US carriers.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 2:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred Plus, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
In the past we just called after making the booking to explain that 'adjacent' won't work for our three year old if he ends up in the row behind us. BA have had no problem waiving the seat reservation fee and putting us in the same row.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:03 am

On the contrary, the OP is trying to get something for free that clearly has value.
If you want it. Pay for it.
This is the BA board, not United. Most here aren't fans of giving things away, like US carriers.
But it is free at check in.
The OP was trying to gauge opinions on what the remaining selection will be at check in.
Not everybody will pay for something they can get for nothing.
Knickam likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.