New route: LHR - TFS for Winter 2017

Old Jun 22, 17, 4:14 am
Original Poster

New route: LHR - TFS for Winter 2017

Not seen this announced yet, but it is bookable. Heathrow to Tenerife operates every Saturday from October 21st.

Fares start from 98rtn in ET and 310rtn in CE.
Old Jun 22, 17, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Another short haul + route to add to the list - so even the lowest ET fares earn 10 TP each way, and any CE fare earns 80 TP per flight. Did they run this before in previous years?

Supplements the existing LGW-TFS route.
Old Jun 22, 17, 4:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Another short haul + route to add to the list - so even the lowest ET fares earn 10 TP each way, and any CE fare earns 80 TP per flight. Did they run this before in previous years?
LHR-TFS is (I think) new, I go there at least a couple of times a year and I would have remembered a LHR option instead of LGW or MAD. But LHR-LPA has been around for a while, and there have been some charter flights from T5 to TFS in the past.
Old Jun 22, 17, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
LHR-TFS is (I think) new, I go there at least a couple of times a year and I would have remembered a LHR option instead of LGW or MAD. But LHR-LPA has been around for a while, and there have been some charter flights from T5 to TFS in the past.
Ah ok. I thought this may have been a revived route because the avios and TP table on ba.com is already populated - usually that gets done a few months after a new route is announced.
Old Jun 22, 17, 4:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Honours Silver, Marriott, Hyatt, IHG
There was LHR TFN using IBX metal - not sure if this still operates though.
Old Jun 22, 17, 11:51 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
There are also 2 new routes from LHR to GNB and TRN. KEF is going to double daily. INN 6 times a week.
Old Jun 22, 17, 12:28 pm

Programs: Mucci! And BA Silver previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 5, Bronze 2
Originally Posted by gingeola View Post
Not seen this announced yet, but it is bookable. Heathrow to Tenerife operates every Saturday from October 21st.

Fares start from 98rtn in ET and 310rtn in CE.
So 212 for the same cramped seat, perhaps 20 worth of food and drink and lounge access? Not great value IMHO.
Old Jun 22, 17, 12:32 pm

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by BA or bust View Post
So 212 for the same cramped seat, perhaps 20 worth of food and drink and lounge access? Not great value IMHO.
140 extra TP's adds to the value.
Old Jun 22, 17, 12:41 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BA6948 View Post
There are also 2 new routes from LHR to GNB and TRN. KEF is going to double daily. INN 6 times a week.
TRN is a long established LGW route, but a LHR placement is good and Turin is a great place for short breaks, much underestimated. GNB is a LCY route. KEF doesn't surprise me, it's been a huge hit for BA and BA Holidays.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: