Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA.com - no direct flights from London to BGO or SVG [suspended from 28 Oct 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA.com - no direct flights from London to BGO or SVG [suspended from 28 Oct 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2020, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I don't want to minimize your hopes, although Lufthansa followed British Airways by cancelling their BGO flights in the past years. Plus, SAS had also removed their direct Bergen - London service.
BA now does codeshare the Loganair Edinburgh - Bergen service although I have no idea how many BA issued tickets are sold on this flight.

For Stavanger, SAS still has the direct Stavanger - Heathrow service scheduled for next summer, plus BA is codesharing Loganair's service from Edinburgh to SVG.
Also, many European airlines have stopped flying to Stavanger including Lufthansa and Air France.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 10:26 pm

I love Bergen, I wish the Norwegian tourist board did a better job of promoting it. A pretty, laidback city with less intense winter weather than Oslo, and as mentioned, gateway to the fjords. I've always done the route with DY for one reason or another out of LGW.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 4:56 am

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
Pre-Covid, business travel was in higher demand to/from Stavanger than Bergen. However, the entire west coast is completely export driven, with everything from grape harvesting equipment to furniture, CPR training dolls and frozen pizzas (the latter causing some brouhaha from the EU over dumping allegations a while back). There is a lot of cargo demand as well, seafood being the most famous but also spare parts for the oil & maritime industries amongst other things.

Another two airports they could look at is Tromsø for the northern lights crowd and Evenes for Lofoten. I don’t believe the latter has any immigration facilities, though. Plenty of seafood to fill the belly on the return too.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 3:37 pm

Any inkling if BA plans to resume BGO in summer of 2023? Currently the only direct options are ex LHR on Wideroe and ex LGW on Norwegian, neither of which seems appealing…
Old Aug 18, 2023, 10:49 am

Programs: BAEC
Bergen definitely seems to be coming back to life, albeit from a leisure perspective this time, so one would hope BA looks at restarting services.

Jet2 are launching flights from BHX/MAN/LBA/NCL to Bergen next summer, with SAS also relaunching their route to Manchester. Wideroe have also just launched Stansted and Liverpool, while Loganair are also set to offer one of their biggest schedules to Bergen next summer, from 5 UK airports.

But there’s not a single service to Heathrow and no sign of BA…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.