Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA.com - no direct flights from London to BGO or SVG [suspended from 28 Oct 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA.com - no direct flights from London to BGO or SVG [suspended from 28 Oct 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:37 am

Thanks so much for the post! I am booked LHR-BGO-LHR in CE in Nov 2017 and I have had no cancellation notice from BA.

What is the policy on this for re-booking/re-routing, does anyone know?

I am a relative newbie here too excited to get stuck in!
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by crthomson
Thanks so much for the post! I am booked LHR-BGO-LHR in CE in Nov 2017 and I have had no cancellation notice from BA.

What is the policy on this for re-booking/re-routing, does anyone know?

I am a relative newbie here too excited to get stuck in!
See reply #27 .
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Anyway I've been told that Contact Centre staff and ticket sales staff have now been informed. No additional news here, but currently the options are:
- refund
- rebook to Oslo (onward travel at customer expense, but that's dicey in my view)
- rebook to BGO and SVG before the route closes down (so if you have an Oz trip you could do the Norwegian element "now" and the Oz trip "later").
- for BGO, you can perhaps go via a very, very small aircraft offering heaps of catering, courtesy of SUN and Billund.
An update to this: BA are now also allowing rerouting via KLM at AMS, KLM continues to run service to both Stavanger and Bergen. There are complex fare classes for the rebooking process, and since I've not had my second coffee of the morning yet I'm not going to try to work them out, but essentially there needs to be availability in the relevant KLM classes and I suspect it won't be a quick process to get a flight re-arranged.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 12:24 pm
Suspended

I wonder where / which routes BA will use these slot pairs on?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 3:17 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by chongcao
I wonder where / which routes BA will use these slot pairs on?
One has gone to the additional services to KEF. I think we're going to hear an announcement on the other in a few weeks (no I don't know where).
Old Jul 16, 2017, 2:06 am

An update to this: BA are now also allowing rerouting via KLM at AMS, KLM continues to run service to both Stavanger and Bergen. There are complex fare classes for the rebooking process, and since I've not had my second coffee of the morning yet I'm not going to try to work them out, but essentially there needs to be availability in the relevant KLM classes and I suspect it won't be a quick process to get a flight re-arranged.
Class-mappings to be found here, with the rest of the rebooking-policy: http://www.speedbirdclub.com/nl/all-...bgosuspention/
Old Jul 16, 2017, 3:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
One has gone to the additional services to KEF. I think we're going to hear an announcement on the other in a few weeks (no I don't know where).
Do you reckon a new destination or just more flights to already existing one?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Loads of flights from ABZ to SVG and BGO as a rerouting alternative, albeit with SAS, Wideroe and Eastern on the last leg
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Given that this is an involuntary change, has anyone had any luck in getting any ex-EU trips starting in BGO or SVG rebooked so that you can depart straight from LHR?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Given that this is an involuntary change, has anyone had any luck in getting any ex-EU trips starting in BGO or SVG rebooked so that you can depart straight from LHR?
I wouldn't be surprised if this was indeed an offered alternative.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
My booking has just had the Norway flights removed entirely and the itinerary exists in MMB as an ex-LHR ticket. However I will call the GGL line in a month or so if I don't hear anything. I've still had ZERO contact regarding these cancellations.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Is BA cancelling BGO outright or will it be seasonal?

Flights to/from BGO in the past weeks have been quite full. I can't even find an award seat on some days.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:57 am

Formally it is cancelled for good. However I think there is a chance it will be reinstated in the summer next year, or the year after. If the price of oil rises significantly then BA will be back into both locations like a shot.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: BAEC
Sorry to dig up this thread again, but I was just having a think about these routes and whether BA could bring them back.

I know the oil industry was a big driver for these routes, but surely they could bring them back with a more leisure orientated focus. Bergen is a great city break and a key access point for the Fjords. Leisure routes have taken off over the last few years, with BA having a strong presence in other Winter holiday destinations (Reykjavik, Turin, Innsbruck, Cologne), so it may work on low frequency.

They make Billund work, which is smaller and another secondary Scandinavian city. It’s also a shame as other European carriers all serve Bergen (even Iberia!).

Maybe when the 80/20 rule comes back and they need to keep slots warm, it will reappear.
GK1981 and James91 like this.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 12:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
Originally Posted by BAeuro
Sorry to dig up this thread again, but I was just having a think about these routes and whether BA could bring them back.

I know the oil industry was a big driver for these routes, but surely they could bring them back with a more leisure orientated focus. Bergen is a great city break and a key access point for the Fjords. Leisure routes have taken off over the last few years, with BA having a strong presence in other Winter holiday destinations (Reykjavik, Turin, Innsbruck, Cologne), so it may work on low frequency.

They make Billund work, which is smaller and another secondary Scandinavian city. It’s also a shame as other European carriers all serve Bergen (even Iberia!).

Maybe when the 80/20 rule comes back and they need to keep slots warm, it will reappear.
I hope so! I visited regularly while BA flew the route, the bargain club fares helped I suppose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.