Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA.com - no direct flights from London to BGO or SVG [suspended from 28 Oct 2017]

BA.com - no direct flights from London to BGO or SVG [suspended from 28 Oct 2017]

Old Jun 22, 17, 8:37 am
  #31  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: London, UK
Posts: 23
Thanks so much for the post! I am booked LHR-BGO-LHR in CE in Nov 2017 and I have had no cancellation notice from BA.

What is the policy on this for re-booking/re-routing, does anyone know?

I am a relative newbie here too excited to get stuck in!
crthomson is offline  
Old Jun 22, 17, 9:18 am
  #32  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Switzerland / Estonia
Programs: BAEC Gold, AY+ Platinum, HH Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, IHG Diamond Elite, Avis PP
Posts: 5,756
Originally Posted by crthomson View Post
Thanks so much for the post! I am booked LHR-BGO-LHR in CE in Nov 2017 and I have had no cancellation notice from BA.

What is the policy on this for re-booking/re-routing, does anyone know?

I am a relative newbie here too excited to get stuck in!
See reply #27 .
florens is offline  
Old Jun 28, 17, 1:11 am
  #33  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 55,118
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Anyway I've been told that Contact Centre staff and ticket sales staff have now been informed. No additional news here, but currently the options are:
- refund
- rebook to Oslo (onward travel at customer expense, but that's dicey in my view)
- rebook to BGO and SVG before the route closes down (so if you have an Oz trip you could do the Norwegian element "now" and the Oz trip "later").
- for BGO, you can perhaps go via a very, very small aircraft offering heaps of catering, courtesy of SUN and Billund.
An update to this: BA are now also allowing rerouting via KLM at AMS, KLM continues to run service to both Stavanger and Bergen. There are complex fare classes for the rebooking process, and since I've not had my second coffee of the morning yet I'm not going to try to work them out, but essentially there needs to be availability in the relevant KLM classes and I suspect it won't be a quick process to get a flight re-arranged.
corporate-wage-slave is offline  
Old Jul 15, 17, 12:24 pm
  #34  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,477
I wonder where / which routes BA will use these slot pairs on?
FlyerTalker688786 is offline  
Old Jul 15, 17, 3:17 pm
  #35  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 55,118
Originally Posted by chongcao View Post
I wonder where / which routes BA will use these slot pairs on?
One has gone to the additional services to KEF. I think we're going to hear an announcement on the other in a few weeks (no I don't know where).
corporate-wage-slave is offline  
Old Jul 16, 17, 2:06 am
  #36  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 554
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
An update to this: BA are now also allowing rerouting via KLM at AMS, KLM continues to run service to both Stavanger and Bergen. There are complex fare classes for the rebooking process, and since I've not had my second coffee of the morning yet I'm not going to try to work them out, but essentially there needs to be availability in the relevant KLM classes and I suspect it won't be a quick process to get a flight re-arranged.
Class-mappings to be found here, with the rest of the rebooking-policy: http://www.speedbirdclub.com/nl/all-...bgosuspention/
Discus is offline  
Old Jul 16, 17, 3:55 am
  #37  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: 38,000 feet
Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, Bamboo First, AF Elite+, AV Diamond, A3 G
Posts: 5,881
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
One has gone to the additional services to KEF. I think we're going to hear an announcement on the other in a few weeks (no I don't know where).
Do you reckon a new destination or just more flights to already existing one?
nufnuf77 is offline  
Old Jul 16, 17, 10:20 am
  #38  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Aberdeen
Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Posts: 353
Loads of flights from ABZ to SVG and BGO as a rerouting alternative, albeit with SAS, Wideroe and Eastern on the last leg
redpalmetto is offline  
Old Jul 16, 17, 10:29 am
  #39  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Singapore
Programs: BA GGL
Posts: 697
Given that this is an involuntary change, has anyone had any luck in getting any ex-EU trips starting in BGO or SVG rebooked so that you can depart straight from LHR?
crazyanglaisy is offline  
Old Jul 16, 17, 12:09 pm
  #40  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: 38,000 feet
Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, Bamboo First, AF Elite+, AV Diamond, A3 G
Posts: 5,881
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy View Post
Given that this is an involuntary change, has anyone had any luck in getting any ex-EU trips starting in BGO or SVG rebooked so that you can depart straight from LHR?
I wouldn't be surprised if this was indeed an offered alternative.
nufnuf77 is offline  
Old Jul 17, 17, 10:32 am
  #41  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BHX
Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, Marriott Ti, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Posts: 7,008
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy View Post
Given that this is an involuntary change, has anyone had any luck in getting any ex-EU trips starting in BGO or SVG rebooked so that you can depart straight from LHR?
My booking has just had the Norway flights removed entirely and the itinerary exists in MMB as an ex-LHR ticket. However I will call the GGL line in a month or so if I don't hear anything. I've still had ZERO contact regarding these cancellations.
Wozza2404 is offline  
Old Jul 24, 17, 4:31 am
  #42  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Little dot in Asia
Programs: AA-LTP, TP-*G, HL-D, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Posts: 25,846
Is BA cancelling BGO outright or will it be seasonal?

Flights to/from BGO in the past weeks have been quite full. I can't even find an award seat on some days.
Guy Betsy is offline  
Old Jul 24, 17, 4:57 am
  #43  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 55,118
Formally it is cancelled for good. However I think there is a chance it will be reinstated in the summer next year, or the year after. If the price of oil rises significantly then BA will be back into both locations like a shot.
corporate-wage-slave is offline  
Old Oct 10, 20, 9:47 am
  #44  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: London, UK
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 3,159
Sorry to dig up this thread again, but I was just having a think about these routes and whether BA could bring them back.

I know the oil industry was a big driver for these routes, but surely they could bring them back with a more leisure orientated focus. Bergen is a great city break and a key access point for the Fjords. Leisure routes have taken off over the last few years, with BA having a strong presence in other Winter holiday destinations (Reykjavik, Turin, Innsbruck, Cologne), so it may work on low frequency.

They make Billund work, which is smaller and another secondary Scandinavian city. Its also a shame as other European carriers all serve Bergen (even Iberia!).

Maybe when the 80/20 rule comes back and they need to keep slots warm, it will reappear.
GK1981 and James91 like this.
BAeuro is offline  
Old Oct 10, 20, 12:13 pm
  #45  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Glasgow
Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
Posts: 320
Originally Posted by BAeuro View Post
Sorry to dig up this thread again, but I was just having a think about these routes and whether BA could bring them back.

I know the oil industry was a big driver for these routes, but surely they could bring them back with a more leisure orientated focus. Bergen is a great city break and a key access point for the Fjords. Leisure routes have taken off over the last few years, with BA having a strong presence in other Winter holiday destinations (Reykjavik, Turin, Innsbruck, Cologne), so it may work on low frequency.

They make Billund work, which is smaller and another secondary Scandinavian city. Its also a shame as other European carriers all serve Bergen (even Iberia!).

Maybe when the 80/20 rule comes back and they need to keep slots warm, it will reappear.
I hope so! I visited regularly while BA flew the route, the bargain club fares helped I suppose.
GK1981 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread