Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA.com - no direct flights from London to BGO or SVG [suspended from 28 Oct 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA.com - no direct flights from London to BGO or SVG [suspended from 28 Oct 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Oh no! I had these destinations on my to-go list, obviously with BA.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:45 pm

I haven't been given any rebooking options to Bergen. Had LBA-LHR-BGO-lhr-LBA
Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:48 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
I haven't been given any rebooking options to Bergen. Had LBA-LHR-BGO-lhr-LBA
I would give it a few days. BA rush out cancellations and don't provide replacement services quite so quickly. These tend to come later. In my view BA do have to provide you with a service to BGO, if that is what you want, even if it is perhaps a complex alternative.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Bergen is a nice place with some great hiking, indeed I am hoping to go back there next Spring.

However, BA disappearing from the route is not that much of a big deal (at least from London) as DY have 2 non-stops a day from LGW and other options via CPH and OSL.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I would give it a few days. BA rush out cancellations and don't provide replacement services quite so quickly. These tend to come later. In my view BA do have to provide you with a service to BGO, if that is what you want, even if it is perhaps a complex alternative.
Thanks, it isn't until May 2018 and so I am not in a rush. I have been to Bergen 4 or 5 times but my husband has never been. It has been on a few tv programmes recently and so he fancied it and I used one of our many amex £100 off £500 to book it as a surprise.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:54 pm

I am at LHR about to fly off with 8 flights this week. When the cancellation flashed up my heart sank and so I was relieved to see that to was this fight , almost a year ahead.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Under the JV, we should still be able to access the fares via AY?

and via HEL, *more* TPs
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:14 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Oh dear, SVG is one of my regular trips. It was enough of a pain when it went to once daily meaning an enforced overnight trip, it's going to be a lot more difficult now.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
If only we had someone on this forum who was both a frequent flier and an executive at an oil supermajor to tell us more....
Stez likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: QF, BA, VA
Originally Posted by PWOZUK
Very sad to see the loss of SVG.
Best ever B2B, esp with fares to Oz.
You can say that again. I have done three so far this year with two more to go. SVG has been brilliant for me.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:40 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
If it's a BA ticket you can probably negotiate a London start point in a day or two (Contact Centre staff traditionally find out this sort of thing via Flyertalk...). If it's a CX ticket, well you best check their policies in the CX forum
Gutted about the loss of the route, but having just booked a SYD flight this may be quite handy. ^
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The service hasn't gone quite yet, so there may be some opportunities still open for a cheap(er) Oz ticket. Also I wonder if it will become a summer only route since I imagine there is some option there.

Anyway I've been told that Contact Centre staff and ticket sales staff have now been informed. No additional news here, but currently the options are:
- refund
- rebook to Oslo (onward travel at customer expense, but that's dicey in my view)
- rebook to BGO and SVG before the route closes down (so if you have an Oz trip you could do the Norwegian element "now" and the Oz trip "later").
- for BGO, you can perhaps go via a very, very small aircraft offering heaps of catering, courtesy of SUN and Billund.

Unofficially I expect BA would be ok to just delete the BGO/SVG sectors off any third party itineraries.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:11 am

Programs: BAEC
Shame as a huge fan of SVG as a destination - at least Norweigan are still flying the route!
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver
- rebook to Oslo (onward travel at customer expense, but that's dicey in my view)
Though not much help for anyone under any time pressure, the train link from Oslo (Oslo Sentralstasjon) to Bergen is one of my favourite routes, going through the mountains via Finse and Myrdal. It does take about 7 hours, but if you can book with a bit of notice it's not expensive, definitely nothing like the equivalent distance train here in the UK. To Stavanger does take a bit longer (~8 hours) and follows the coast rather than going through the mountains but is still nice (though admittedly not in the same league as Oslo-Bergen).

With regards to BGO flights, every time I've been there or back the flight has been quite full with passengers heading to/from the Hurtigruten sailings so seems a bit surprising that it's being dropped.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Hodders
Though not much help for anyone under any time pressure, the train link from Oslo (Oslo Sentralstasjon) to Bergen is one of my favourite routes, going through the mountains via Finse and Myrdal. It does take about 7 hours ...
I love these random BA connections: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...rain-film.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.