Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

64K [puts BA CW above other airlines' J seats]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Meh

I have bashed BA in recent years and fly a minimum these days. However just had a 64K trip last night for the first time in years, and compared to AA/CX/QR/EY this is hands down the best seat.

OK forget IFE/food/tired cabin/bus on arrival at LHR, but if i could get this seat every time it would be BA 100%.

MF crew were excellent also.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue
It's a brilliant seat, no doubt about it, but, having done a recent TATL return in 60K and 62A, I find I really have very few complaints about any seat up there
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:05 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by stevie
OK forget IFE/food/tired cabin/bus on arrival at LHR, but if i could get this seat every time it would be BA 100%.
If you're on a Super Hi J 744 you certainly can't complain about the Panasonic IFE.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Amb
I have flown club world on the 777, A380 and lower deck on the 747 when op up'ed. Booked a return to JFK in October on a 747 on both legs and went to book a seat, looked on the upper deck seat map and 64K free both ways! Very happy that it seems to be a good choice.

Bri
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
OT on
This is probably the most unclear thread title of the year.
OT off
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:58 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I found the title to be exactly what I expected it to be !
My first time in 64K is at the end of November, had a few other seats on the UD and enjoyed every one.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver
I have gotten me and the GF 64A and B for tomo to SFO.... decent enough right ?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:05 am

Yep. I prefer it to 64K, but then I would say that!

I'm not a fan of any UD aisle seats. Even Mr W has finally concluded he'd rather face a stranger and have a window seat than sit with me and have an aisle seat.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by florens
OT on
This is probably the most unclear thread title of the year.
OT off
I knew straight away it would be about the merits of seat 64K on the 747 UD as well. Sorry florens.
The only downside of 64K is proximity to the toilet and the very occasional smell that wafts out, hence my preference for 62K and then 62A.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:18 am

Apart from direct aisle access and being upper deck, I really do not see what this seat has going for it with it being so close to the toilet. I would consider it my last choice out of 64A, 62A and 62K.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:20 am

For my first UD trip I was in 64A on an overnight flight. The light from the galley was constantly shining onto the seat and I could hear what sounded like cutlery juggling for most of the night! I wouldn't want to sit there again.

I've gone for 62A on my next trip, better or worse than 64K? I imagine 64K suffers from galley noise too?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lavajava
Apart from direct aisle access and being upper deck, I really do not see what this seat has going for it with it being so close to the toilet. I would consider it my last choice out of 64A, 62A and 62K.
I can't say the proximity of the toilet has ever been an issue in 64k either for daytime or overnight flights.

The whole upper deck has the added advantage of being much quieter than the main deck, and the cabin crew to passenger ratio is better than the main deck. Additionally the window seats on the upper deck have the extra side storage bins and when they are closed the extra surface area at the side. One of the main advantages of 64K is the direct aisle access too. With the blocking of 64A as a bassinet, 64K is now my go to seat.

Last edited by KARFA; Jun 21, 2017 at 3:45 am Reason: spelling
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
I can't say the proximity of the toilet has ever been an issue in 64k either for daytime or overnight flights.

The whole upper deck has the added advantage of bending much quieter than the main deck, and the cabin crew to passenger ratio is better than the main deck. Additionally the window seats on the upper deck have the extra side storage bins and when they are closed the extra surface area at the side. One of the main advantages of 64K is the direct aisle access too. With the blocking of 64A as a bassinet, 64K is now my go to seat.
Apart from the nose of a 747, I have only been on the lower deck once so agreed - it's a great experience up there. Also, agreed that with the blocking of 64A it also made me rethink my seat choice in future. I nearly ended up with 64K out to BOS the other week because for some reason BA moved my 62A assignment to 62B. I ended up with 62A again in the end, perhaps I should have tried it. Thank goodness for the my flights app
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
I've always taken 62a/k over 64, so can't offer any direct comparison.

62 is also an awesome seat, with the only downside being the slightly compromised view out from the UD, with the angle of the fuselage and extra lean across the storage
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Funny how this has remained the best club seat despite newer aircraft
I think its the psychology of 2:2 that does it
How many years of this bird do we have left?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.