Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Amex rewards card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 6:04 am
Original Poster

BA Amex rewards card

Hi, I have had a BA Premium Plus American Express rewards card where I can earn a companion flying ticket if I spend a certain amount. I've held the card for years and have earned my reward for this year however i'm making a biggish purchase soon which would go a long way to ensuring I gain another companion ticket. My question is, can I apply for exactly the same type of card again and have two on the same account with different qualifying dates. Does Amex allow this. I know a customer can have different catds but unsure if they allow the same card on the one account. Thanks everyone
Old Jun 20, 2017, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
No, you can cancel one and after six months get another. Alternatively run two different cards at the same time (BA Amex plus BA Premium Plus Card)
Old Jun 20, 2017, 6:38 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Since you clearly have a companion, refer him/her for their own BA Amex card (getting some bonus avios), get a supplementary card on their account, then make the big purchase on their card and *hey presto* a second companion voucher. [Although clearly they would have to have the avios in their own account to use the second voucher].
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the help. Will juggle things around.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Since you clearly have a companion, refer him/her for their own BA Amex card (getting some bonus avios), get a supplementary card on their account, then make the big purchase on their card and *hey presto* a second companion voucher. [Although clearly they would have to have the avios in their own account to use the second voucher].

Could I apply or refer my partner for the same type of card(BA Premium Plus) in my name again or his but as a new application. Therefore would have two seperate cards with two seperate accounts. My partner has a card too and am racking up avios/companion tickets because of a few large item purchases so trying tu utilise best option before I just accept I spend too much and lose out on tickets.
I know I wouldnt be entitled to any bonus sign ups for referring him and vice versa. Thanks eanyone who can help.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: BA Silver
You can refer your partner even if they already have a supplementary card on your account. Then your partner can request a supplementary card in your name on their new account. You end up with a total of 4 cards on 2 accounts, so either of you can spend on whichever account is the most convenient for meeting spend targets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.