Search

DUB-HNL with BA Holidays?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
DUB-HNL with BA Holidays?

Hello all,

I'm planning to nip off to Hawaii next April. Not a tier point run, but an actual holiday

I wanted to book ex-Dub so I can go Club/AA First all the way for a reasonable price but use the BA holiday feature of paying a deposit now, and the rest as I go (avoids denting my credit card).

However..i can get Flights and Hotels when selecting LHR, but not from Dublin. I've tried changing the site settings to Ireland, but still no luck.

Is this just something that's not possible? Has anyone successfully done this in the past?

Guidance appreciated,
A.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:28 pm

Probably not much help for you, but as a reference point, I've had car + flight work from DUB to HNL. I don't book hotels through BA Holidays usually as I find I can pick it up for a better price at Hotels.com, etc but car hire is normally a good saving
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
It is certainly available however note you will be maxed out at 6 sectors in total which should be fine as you are going on a holiday.

They also need to be BA prime flight numbers which is perhaps where you are struggling availability wise especially if you are flying in first as the online toll doesn't play nice with the Lax to hnl sector you can usually sort it over the phone though
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
I also booked a flights+car package DUB-LAS via BA holidays. Never tried hotels through them though, but can't imagine it can't be done.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
You can definitely book hotels and car from Dublin - I did it , You might find the itinerary too complicated or your flight has over 6 sectors in it which causes a heap of problems for the online portal. Give them a call as mentioned above I found the NewCastle call centre very helpful when booking mine!
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Silver
Select 'Customise your trip' on BA front page and you should be able to book a holiday from Dublin
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
thanks for all your input, but these suggestions does not work.

Please do have a go yourself - try booking a BA holiday from DUB to HNL on the dates 4 April - 9 April 2018 and see what happens.If I pick Maui, the big island or Kauai it works, just not HNL.

Think i'll have to phone BA instead.

thanks anyway
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: Costa Coffee
Originally Posted by awtgiven
thanks for all your input, but these suggestions does not work.

Please do have a go yourself - try booking a BA holiday from DUB to HNL on the dates 4 April - 9 April 2018 and see what happens.If I pick Maui, the big island or Kauai it works, just not HNL.

Think i'll have to phone BA instead.

thanks anyway
In which case I would book Maui, Big Island or Kauai and give HNL a miss. It's overrated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.