Seat choice showing all unavailable?

Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Strangely, 33D opened up when I checked this morning, and was automatically assigned to me as soon as I went into seat selection on the app. The only other available seat was now showing as 33K. Makes me wonder if the previous occupant of 33D has changed their seat, or whether some unblocking has happened and they've automatically been shifted, and now it's mine. Oh well, let's see what happens tomorrow at the gate. ^
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by TownCar
Makes me wonder if the previous occupant of 33D has changed their seat ...
You might want to keep an eye on this thread to see whether someone reports having received an early op-up: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...rade-week.html
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
You might want to keep an eye on this thread to see whether someone reports having received an early op-up: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...rade-week.html
haha, good point! And I said it was always those pesky Golds that get upgraded, rather than me.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
I am trying to work out if I should check in on line for my flight to Nasville at 2.45pm today from lhr. Ba223. I am booked into wtp as gch. When checking expert flyer seat map over the last couple of days my seat is shown as unavailable and 16a as blocked which is fairly normal, however when I checked again this morning my seat and the one next to it is showing as available on the seat map... I did see last night that y was showing zero with wtp showing as 1 and j4. That made me hopeful of a potential opup but the numbers have changed again and seems there is availability again in y and w... should I check in now or wait to get to the airport?
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:37 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stu287
I am trying to work out if I should check in on line for my flight to Nasville at 2.45pm today from lhr. Ba223. I am booked into wtp as gch. When checking expert flyer seat map over the last couple of days my seat is shown as unavailable and 16a as blocked which is fairly normal, however when I checked again this morning my seat and the one next to it is showing as available on the seat map... I did see last night that y was showing zero with wtp showing as 1 and j4. That made me hopeful of a potential opup but the numbers have changed again and seems there is availability again in y and w... should I check in now or wait to get to the airport?
I'd check in - at least they know you're coming if they run an upgrade algorithm. If your seat is available to select then something very strange is gonig on ... I'd be hopeful for an upgrade but it seems like they're waiting to see who shows up, who misses their connection, and so on.

Currently on F1 (and everything else zeroed out) with some seats unassigned: 1 in each of the 3 rear cabins + 3 in F. That pretty much guarantees op-ups - the question is where they're coming from and how badly oversold it is. Of course, if there's a school party of 22 Nashville teenagers coming back from the south of France who miss their connection (as an overly specific example)...
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:13 am

I checked in and still have my original 16b seat which also shows on my boarding pass... maybe I caught the expert flyer map when there was some jigging around. All classes showing as 0 apart from 1 in f now. Will see what happens when I get there in a couple of hours. Really need to have a word with my boss about the 10 hour plus only for business policy... then I wouldn't have to give a crap about any of this stuff.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stu287
10 hour plus only for business policy.
Does this mean they'd pay for you to fly business to PHX on the day flight and premium economy on the night flight? Would much, much rather do it the other way around and would even take a westbound to the West Coast in W over an eastbound from the east coast.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:43 am

Made a point of getting a paper boarding pass at TFW and been given 10J so happy days... makes sense that I saw my original 16B unassigned on expert flyer this morning.

I'd probably get away with booking both legs to phx in J. I would only look at the time of the outbound... just a shame it's not a couple of hours longer to bna which I seem to be frequenting once an month atm... thanks for replies.
Cymro likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.