Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Reduce cost with Avios / Reward Avail /General using avios

Old Jun 18, 2017, 5:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Marriot Gold

I'm trying to get to Perth from LHR.
I would like to travel in Business using avios, however when I try to book with cash and use avios to pay i do not see this option

Is this because I am in the USA?

It also seems there is a glitch, a one way business ticket to Perth is 6k but a return is 2.1k
Why would people go with BA If they are selling one way's what high?

I am trying to get their on or around October 31st, I tried searching for Reward availability but it's shockingly low. Can expert flyer alert me to award availability on a range of dates, I can only see the option of one flight to set up emails that means I should go into every flight?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
BA don't fly to Perth, and mixing cash and Avios (part cash part Avios) booking is only available on BA, CX and one or two other airlines.

One-way fares are often priced much higher than return fares, that is true on most airlines, especially for longhaul journeys.

Last time I checked EF you indeed need to flag every flight you're interested in.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:31 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
No glitch as one ways are more expensive than returns.

As BA do not fly to Perth you will be flying with somebody else even if BA codeshare. Not sure if Part Pay With avios is available in all flights, especially those not operated by BA.

Edit. Beaten to it with more detailed information above.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by COREi5
I'm trying to get to Perth from LHR.
I would like to travel in Business using avios, however when I try to book with cash and use avios to pay I do not see this option
<snip>
It also seems there is a glitch, a one way business ticket to Perth is 6k but a return is 2.1k
Your OneWorld options from PER (WA) are very limited. QF and others fly to SIN. QR to Doha. CX to HKG.
You may better paying cash, on any airline, to SIN or HKG than trying for an award. BA fly SIN LHR.
For awards 31st October is not far away. People start booking awards 350 days out. Business class always hard to get
https://www.perthairport.com.au/flights/route-maps
https://www.perthairport.com.au/flights/airlines

Nothing unusual in a one way being more expensive than a return.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
MH fly to PER and may be another OW option.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
Yes, MH fly there however currently are not showing availability on any route to partner airlines - bear that in mind and check on this forum for updates. It may well be available on your dates.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.