FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Newspapers in Lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1848771-newspapers-lounges.html)

tomparskate Jun 18, 2017 8:41 am

Newspapers in Lounges

When I flew from EDI, The newspapers in the BA Lounge were only The Times. I subscribe to the Times so could have read that anyway.

Are the days of the FT, Independent and even i, gone? This is an enchancement which Im actually quite upset at :(

What are the newspaper offerings in GF and CCR? Do they still offer an FT or more reading material then a single newspaper?

The _Banking_Scot Jun 18, 2017 8:47 am

Hi,

When did you fly out?

When I was last in EDI a few weeks ago, they had the times, Mail, the scotsman and the record at least

The i i have only seen in the london lounges ( the independent ceased publishing a paper version some time ago ( still online)

Not sure about the FT.

Regards

TBS

Jimmie76 Jun 18, 2017 8:51 am

Originally Posted by tomparskate (Post 28457037)
When I flew from EDI, The newspapers in the BA Lounge were only The Times. I subscribe to the Times so could have read that anyway.

Are the days of the FT, Independent and even i, gone? This is an enchancement which Im actually quite upset at :(

What are the newspaper offerings in GF and CCR? Do they still offer an FT or more reading material then a single newspaper?

Yeah the full spread of normal BA papers was available in the CCR last week.

corporate-wage-slave Jun 18, 2017 9:33 am

I would suggest you may have reached for the "e" word slightly prematurely, unless you were there in the afternoon or there was a supply issue on the day. I was in the EDI lounge on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday last week and there was the usual spread of newspapers available. In addition to the journals mentioned by TBS, there is also the Edinburgh Evening News and the Daily Telegraph. However it's the Scottish Daily Mail rather than the English version (same celebs, more Sturgeon bashing). Sometimes the Herald makes it over, along with occasional copy of the China Daily and The National.

After the departure of the 10:00 hrs 767 then The Scotsman is often out of stock, it's usually the Record which is the last to go.

South London Bon Viveur Jun 19, 2017 5:09 pm

Belfast last week only had multiple copies of the Daily Mail. Poor show for what is otherwise a very pleasant lounge with lovely staff.

dinbangkok Jun 19, 2017 9:25 pm

Times, Telegraph and Daily Mail were offered at the aircraft door on my recent long haul flight. Regarding the Daily Mail, I've never understood why BA, an international airline, would want anything to do with such a vituperative, fear-mongering, foreigner hating rag. Some of their shouty headlines are frankly embarrassing to see as you step on to an aircraft obviously full of 'foreigners'.

evacboy Jun 20, 2017 12:54 am

Originally Posted by dinbangkok (Post 28463743)
Times, Telegraph and Daily Mail were offered at the aircraft door on my recent long haul flight. Regarding the Daily Mail, I've never understood why BA, an international airline, would want anything to do with such a vituperative, fear-mongering, foreigner hating rag. Some of their shouty headlines are frankly embarrassing to see as you step on to an aircraft obviously full of 'foreigners'.

Probably because it's quite popular with the UK public (in terms of circulation, more than The Times, Telegraph, and Daily Mirror put together.. and 10x the Guardian!)