Ba238 bos-lhr 7.50

Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by fiona
Anybody able to tell me what to expect in First food wise please? Also, is it worth getting to the airport early enough to experience the lounge?
I did this flight in February before the new lounge. The breakfast offering there was not great but did the job. Onboard I waited about 3 hours in and had soup, and then a chicken breast with polenta cake and veg. The rest of the options were more breakfast-type things, I think. I can't remember what the second snack was, but I don't think I had anything. It was such a short flight. 789 seat was great, though!
fiona likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
I did this flight in February before the new lounge. The breakfast offering there was not great but did the job. Onboard I waited about 3 hours in and had soup, and then a chicken breast with polenta cake and veg. The rest of the options were more breakfast-type things, I think. I can't remember what the second snack was, but I don't think I had anything. It was such a short flight. 789 seat was great, though!
Thanks! We had to change the date of our return and could only get this one - not ideal time.
​​
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:29 am

Thanks! We had to change the date of our return and could only get this one - not ideal time.
​​
I actually really like the day flights back from the US. They really help with jet lag, and I find the red-eyes just too short to get any decent sleep - especially in the winter.
fiona likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:52 am

Anybody able to tell me what to expect in First food wise please? Also, is it worth getting to the airport early enough to experience the lounge?
The menu looked great when I was there last week. I highly recommend the Duck. Dessert was also very nice. The lounge gets extremely busy for the evening flights and clears after about 1930.
fiona likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
I actually really like the day flights back from the US. They really help with jet lag, and I find the red-eyes just too short to get any decent sleep - especially in the winter.
And I believe that BA 238 is now the only one on any carrier that arrives early enough to allow me to catch my domestic connection on the same day.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by lavajava
The menu looked great when I was there last week. I highly recommend the Duck. Dessert was also very nice. The lounge gets extremely busy for the evening flights and clears after about 1930.
We were originally on the later flight but it's 0745 now.
After Gustav saying he ate later on the flight , this sounds goofd and perhaps there is a decent breakfast in the lounge we may eat there. We also have a connection at T5 so we will be using the Concorde lounce.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:14 am

After Gustav saying he ate later on the flight , this sounds goofd and perhaps there is a decent breakfast in the lounge we may eat there. We also have a connection at T5 so we will be using the Concorde lounce.
Check out the new lounge thread - it looks great and I was sorry not be able to try it.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...opening-8.html
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:18 am

Check out the new lounge thread - it looks great and I was sorry not be able to try it.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...opening-8.html
Thanks. I started here as it was about the flight but then I veered off
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:26 am

Doh. Sorry should have noticed you were on the day flight. Grab some more sleep in the morning and eat on the plane! No lounge is worth waking up early for IMO hope you enjoy the flight and CCR after!
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by lavajava
Doh. Sorry should have noticed you were on the day flight. Grab some more sleep in the morning and eat on the plane! No lounge is worth waking up early for IMO hope you enjoy the flight and CCR after!
Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.