Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Baggage system failures at LHR T3 and T5 15/06/17

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...ruption_banner

Baggage system failures at London Heathrow Terminal 3 and 5
Answer Id 5804 | Updated 15/06/2017 07.48 AM (UK time)

Summary
An issue with Heathrow Airport's baggage system this morning is affecting all airlines at Terminal 3 and Terminal 5.

Heathrow Airport is working hard to restore a full baggage system, but we are currently not able to accept bags in the normal manner.

More information
We are advising customers to pack essential items in to their hand baggage this morning in the event of any delay in receiving their bags.

All flights are continuing to operate as normal although flights are departing with lower than anticipated levels of baggage.

Arriving into Heathrow Terminal 3 and Terminal 5
If you are flying into London and have checked a bag in to collect at Heathrow Terminal 5 and Terminal 3, then you will be able to claim your baggage in the normal way.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Sounds like it is related to the transfer system between the two terminals rather that all of the system at each terminal bearing in mind the last paragraph.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Nope its a total failure for out bound flights.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:12 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by KARFA
Sounds like it is related to the transfer system between the two terminals rather that all of the system at each terminal bearing in mind the last paragraph.
"Outbound baggage is utterly affected, but inbound is not affected" is how I am reading it (unfortunately, as it seems more extensive than transfer baggage between two terminals).

Thank goodness, I'm inbound!
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:15 am
Original Poster

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40285170
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:51 am

Programs: Meh
Last straw for me.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:51 am

Again. Tempted to try going HBO for future long hauls, might just check some suncream as it's 200ml.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by bioblot
Again. Tempted to try going HBO for future long hauls, might just check some suncream as it's 200ml.
Or you could leave it behind and buy it at your destination ... or in Boots airside @:-)
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:56 am

Apparently an issue in 'sortation' which is after screening and when your bag is sent to dedicated drop offs for particular flights. A HAL owned and operated system. Some flights will be departing sans baggage. Consider what you need for your trip folks. If you can do hand luggage, do it.

EDIT - crews have been advised to take hand luggage to work only.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Get your sunblock in Spanish and Portuguese language countries: much cheaper, just as effective and generally sold in 100ml tubes. Last lot I got, from Chile, cost 40p a tube for SPF 50. Sunblock must be a real cash cow for cosmetic companies.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Get your sunblock in Spanish and Portuguese language countries: much cheaper, just as effective and generally sold in 100ml tubes. Last lot I got, from Chile, cost 40p a tube for SPF 50. Sunblock must be a real cash cow for cosmetic companies.
I had to buy some in Qatar last week.

As you can imagine they saw me coming. I won't embarrass myself by revealing the price but it was a lot more than 50 p.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 2:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I don't think it's quite right to inconvenience other passengers who may have a real need to check bags and your sunscreen could take up a bit of extra time and could affect them adversely (every little helps, yes? Reverse is probably true), just to get back at BA/HAL, unless you genuinely need that?

Originally Posted by Calchas
I had to buy some in Qatar last week.

As you can imagine they saw me coming. I won't embarrass myself by revealing the price but it was a lot more than 50 p.
5,000 p?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 2:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm travelling through T5 today on two different PNR's SOF-LHR-BRU. I wonder if BA will interline the bags for me. No idea where the problems are but sounds like a day to not have to collect and recheck bags. No choice but to travel with check-in bags for me. Presume I wont be reunited with my checked in bag for some time though....4 hours between flights which helps. Rather spend it in the lounge though!
Old Jun 15, 2017, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by MrCheapSeats
I'm travelling through T5 today on two different PNR's SOF-LHR-BRU. I wonder if BA will interline the bags for me. No idea where the problems are but sounds like a day to not have to collect and recheck bags. No choice but to travel with check-in bags for me. Presume I wont be reunited with my checked in bag for some time though....4 hours between flights which helps. Rather spend it in the lounge though!
As your bag will re enter sortation it may well mis connect. Depends if it is running again when you land
Old Jun 15, 2017, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
5,000 p?
Not quite ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.