Multi-city bookings on BA Cityflyer

Old Jun 13, 2017, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
Multi-city bookings on BA Cityflyer

Am looking at different options on weekend trips on BA Cityflyer from regional airports with only a few hours at the destination.

If I make a journey A - B - C (where A and C are both in UK), does the multi-city tool book it as:

- a return journey, or
- a one-way journey of two legs?

I'm concerned about what protection I have if a delay on the first flight causes me to miss the second flight.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
It doesn't matter if you're on one ticket. But probably a return.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, BA6501.

For the example of Beaulieu's STN-AGP-BHX (on the back-to-back thread), would there be any chance of being able to check baggage all the way through?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Wanderlust888
Thanks, BA6501.

For the example of Beaulieu's STN-AGP-BHX (on the back-to-back thread), would there be any chance of being able to check baggage all the way through?
In theory it should work if on one ticket.

But pray tell, why would you want to check bags on an itinerary like that?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Mine booked on the basis of two half round trips. But in any case you'd be protected on the PNR anyway.

I'm not sure why you'd want to check a bag either though! Would have been fine judging by how little clicking the agent had to do to get both BPs at Stansted tho (mobile boarding pass didn't work for some reason).
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
But pray tell, why would you want to check bags on an itinerary like that?
I think it's quite a long and tedious train journey from STN to BHX.

Someone with a lot of luggage might prefer to do it by plane if they were being helped by friends/family at either end.

A bit like this guy! http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016...n_9090338.html
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:47 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Indeed the train takes 3 hours and 11 minutes. With the best will in the world, I suspect even CrossCountry would be less likely to lose your luggage than Mlaga airport.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:52 pm

Someone with a lot of luggage might prefer to do it by plane if they were being helped by friends/family at either end.

A bit like this guy! http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016...n_9090338.html
You will note that that guy was travelling HBO. This kind of game - which is what it is - really is not meant for doing with checked luggage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.