Wiki Posts
Search

Blocked from ba.com!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Blocked from ba.com!

Web Page Blocked

Unfortunately access to the web page you were trying to visit has been blocked as our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network.

If you feel this is in error then please contact Brightcloud and submit an IP Reputation Change Request using your IP address .

To do this paste the following URL into your browser:

http://www.brightcloud.com/tools/cha...reputation.php

and enter your IP address xxx.xxx.xx.xx . Your request should take 24 to 48 hours to complete.

Should your request fail and you feel it should not then please contact the British Airways support team on

Telephone: +44 (0)344 493 0787 option 3 (calls charged at local rate within the UK)

Daily 06:00-20:00 UK time

Please quote support ID 522753493347028177.
Has anyone got the above message? I've sent in a web request but nothing has changed - I've also tried calling the number above but the indian call centre has been useless.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by lev441
Has anyone got the above message? I've sent in a web request but nothing has changed - I've also tried calling the number above but the indian call centre has been useless.
Don't follow the instructions.

Call them direct.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:36 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You best call up. It's been a while since we've had this complaint, but there is a genuine problem behind this - BA.com was being so targeted about 6 months ago that we could almost tell when it was happening (e.g. response times, partial loaded web pages etc). More information here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-get-back.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ss-denied.html
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I had this on sunday once, when the site was misbehaving in general. Closed my browse and went back in and it was fine.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You best call up. It's been a while since we've had this complaint, but there is a genuine problem behind this - BA.com was being so targeted about 6 months ago that we could almost tell when it was happening (e.g. response times, partial loaded web pages etc). More information here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-get-back.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ss-denied.html
Thanks...

I tried calling ba direct but the indian call centre had no idea what I was going on about and just fobbed me off with try again in an hour..! Will ring back using the advice in the above threads..
Old Jun 13, 2017, 1:13 pm

I had this a couple of months ago when I booking travel for the upcoming years so was pricing up a lot of flights in a short time. Gave them a call, the agent asked for my support ID and I was unblocked again later the same day.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Ignore this
Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:51 pm

Have you checked for viruses and spyware? I get these kind of notices sometimes when I'm using VPN's because someone else is getting blacklisted from whatever they're doing on that same IP. If it's not a virus or whatever, then you likely got an IP address that was assigned to someone spamming someone.

Afterwards I'd call your internet provider because although you're supposed to get a new IP address every week or so, they typically assign you the same one. Making a call could likely get you a new one issued due to your situation.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Try turning off your router and turning it back on, depending on your ISP you should get a new IP address.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 1:51 am

I had this once, discvered it was sticky to my brower, not IP so just removed all BA-cookies from my browser and was back to normal (made me wonder what kind of lousy filter they used)
groenroos likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 2:05 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Discus
I had this once, discvered it was sticky to my brower, not IP so just removed all BA-cookies from my browser and was back to normal (made me wonder what kind of lousy filter they used)
Yes, I've had this a few times and by simply clearing my cookies the website works as normal.

Sometimes when doing a lot of Avios searches I get a 'our systems are not working' message which also can be overcome by clearing cookies.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 2:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by headingwest
Sometimes when doing a lot of Avios searches I get a 'our systems are not working' message which also can be overcome by clearing cookies.
Or going Incognito on Chrome.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Just to update - haven't got anywhere when trying to deal with this. Whoever I spoke to from the call centre just had no idea understanding the issue - eventually got into some email correspondence with someone at BA.com and received the following six days ago...

Thank you for contacting us again about the difficulties you’re experiencing trying to login on ba.com.

It should be fast and easy to do this online, so I’m very sorry it’s not worked like this for you. It is unusual for this to happen and thankfully the majority of our Members don’t have any problems. I appreciate this is little consolation for the frustration you have experienced.

I'm afraid I haven't been able to fix this for you at the moment, and I've reported the problem to our systems team who have started working on a solution to correct this.

I'll contact you again as soon as we have an update from them, but you're welcome to keep trying in the meantime.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and thank you for your patience. If we can help with anything else please get in touch and we will be happy to help.
Why is this such a hard issue to fix?!?!
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by reclusive46
Try turning off your router and turning it back on, depending on your ISP you should get a new IP address.
I concur, this worked for me....
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jerseylily
I concur, this worked for me....
Didn't work... I'm with sky fibre broadband and no luck - tried a few times but to no avail..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.