FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Does anyone from BA post here any more ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1847829-does-anyone-ba-post-here-any-more.html)

Phil the Flyer Jun 13, 17 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 28438121)

Favourite, how did I get such an honour?

It must be something to do with your 'precense' :confused: (to quote Lobengula).

Lobengula Jun 13, 17 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer (Post 28438144)
It must be something to do with your 'precense' :confused: (to quote Lobengula).

Haha, I'm sorry if I got it wrong, English is not my first language :)

I have always enjoyed posts by CIHY, sometimes superdry English humour but always correct, diplomatic and honest.

Can I help you Jun 13, 17 4:02 pm

Well honest yes, diplomatic is stretching it a bit. :D

MarkFlies Jun 13, 17 4:29 pm

I think some of the official BA reps on here were probably being used as a shortcut by some to get something done, rather than as a last resort.

I suppose the have a system for stuff, missing Avios/customer service, and, not saying they are ideal, but the official route is best in most cases. Bypassing the system by many might have caused some issues.

Takiteasy Jun 13, 17 5:36 pm

I'd rather the official BA rep to post company policy answers to non-controversial (or rather, non-subjective) questions rather than being used as a shortcut for other channels.

This could include recent/repeat topics such as what is the official policy on priority boarding, can the CE loos be used by economy pax, what exactly the 2-year status extension entails, etc.

So please, BA officials, be more active at the front of the FT house

South London Bon Viveur Jun 13, 17 5:50 pm

I would never try and get any favours or bypass. Or all procedures through any FTer connected to BA. I just think it's nice to have BA people on here, for their insight. However I imagine that there are number of things on which they would want to comment but feel unable to, for legal or personal reasons.

It has been suggested by some on here that a number of this forum's posters are Alex Cruz in disguise- presumably under multiple aliases ��

Takiteasy Jun 13, 17 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur (Post 28438983)
I just think it's nice to have BA people on here, for their insight. However I imagine that there are number of things on which they would want to comment but feel unable to, for legal or personal reasons

Hence it would be nice in addition to the great insights from 'unofficial' BA posters, to have the official airline view on certain topics.

gypsyjaney Jun 14, 17 4:19 am

Originally Posted by cayman4522 (Post 28437858)
I work for BA - feel free to PM me any time..will always try to help.

Thats really very kind, Cayman. Its good to know that you and CIHY are still around now that we have lost BBB!