BA Store - first experience let down

Old Jun 13, 17, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by RockyRobin View Post
B

Do you not think a pending avios statement for a random amount of points is an indicator that Captain Cockup is in the house?
no - see my earlier post

my quidco for expedia says for example

Cashback may initially track at a lower or higher rate and update once confirmed
And that is what often happens. It only matters if the posted points are wrong and you havn't got to that stage yet - you are still only pending.
Old Jun 13, 17, 1:44 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
Quidco has a line explicitly saying that cashback is not guaranteed, "We're afraid that cashback and cashback payment periods cannot be guaranteed due to the number of parties and hand-offs involved in the process but we will always do our best to obtain your payment for you as quickly as possible."

I'm surprised that Avios doesn't, and they really should state it somewhere. It's not just as simple as "writing a line of code" unfortunately. There are many factors, most outside of the estore's control.
Old Jun 13, 17, 3:29 am

Programs: BA:Silver (thanks paternity perk) , HH:Diamond
Quidco is not the same as the estore but let's keep comparing the two

OP wait a few days and it should work out. If it doesnt
sinply send the iMac back, reorder when the 12x avios per £ is back (which am sure it will be over time) and get the newer model. Spotted another post with the same issue two pages back, so clearly a minor bug.

pending should be what will be posted there is no bonus added after so many days when the transaction is completed and the avios post.
Old Jun 13, 17, 4:38 am
duo

i find the site has very poor transparency with regards to how many avios points you will get on a purchase. Many T&Cs come with caveats that you will sometimes receive lower avios to that advertised but provides zero detail on how that would be calculated. And when you e-mail to query the amount they give you a generic answer, never explain how they came to the amount.
Old Jun 13, 17, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by duo View Post
i find the site has very poor transparency with regards to how many avios points you will get on a purchase. Many T&Cs come with caveats that you will sometimes receive lower avios to that advertised but provides zero detail on how that would be calculated. And when you e-mail to query the amount they give you a generic answer, never explain how they came to the amount.
That doesn't bode well.

I can't send it back and wait as it is my girlfriend's birthday present, albeit her birthday isn't until August but I have the brand new model they brought out at the start of the month.

Looks like a call to my BA account manager might be "pending" too :-)
Old Jun 13, 17, 5:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear View Post
no - see my earlier post

And that is what often happens. It only matters if the posted points are wrong and you havn't got to that stage yet - you are still only pending.
It's not the case with the estore - the bonus points appear in the tracking at the same time
Old Jun 13, 17, 5:11 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH Senator; HHGold; Starwood Platinum
That doesn't bode well.

I can't send it back and wait as it is my girlfriend's birthday present, albeit her birthday isn't until August but I have the brand new model they brought out at the start of the month.

As others have said you are panicking prematurely.

The Points only post once the window for any returns has closed.

At that time you will get the bonus points, and if for any reason you don't, then is the time to raise it.
Old Jun 13, 17, 5:24 am
duo

That doesn't bode well.

Keep on at them - I totally get where you are coming from - I try to use the site where possible just to top up my avois on purchases I already planned to make. However, you never fully know how many avios you'll get as there are so many variables, either the transaction doesn't get logged, or they'll find some clause in the T&C (which can be vague) to give you a lower amount or even none at all.

For example I have just bought a watch through the site, and expected 5000+ avios. Instead I got 2,000 odd (Pending mind you and it can be like that for months). I e-mailed to ask them why and twice I got a generic mail just telling me it's correct with no explanation. Finally they at least quoted a line from the T&C which stated 'Smart' watches would get a lower amount. But I bought a Divers watch, to me a smart watch is like an Apple watch, something that pairs with your mobile. Yet they are using that as an excuse to give me a lower amount. I know 3,000 avios is not worth getting stressed - I get that - but it takes two mins to write an e-mail. Honestly if you read some of their T&Cs sometimes you have no clue of how many you'll get. Mobiles contracts through eStore are a prime example. It shouldn't be like that.

Good luck ^
Old Jun 13, 17, 5:49 am

Programs: BA:Silver (thanks paternity perk) , HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by darthlemsip View Post
It's not the case with the estore - the bonus points appear in the tracking at the same time
glad someone agrees with me

Originally Posted by ukgooner View Post
As others have said you are panicking prematurely.

The Points only post once the window for any returns has closed.

At that time you will get the bonus points, and if for any reason you don't, then is the time to raise it.
they aren't bonus points, tried to explain before
its needs to be raised now

OP as a last resort send it back and get the black ba Amex, you'll just need to spend £1,200 extra to net 20k plus avios and the incorrect points might post by accident anyway
Old Jun 13, 17, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
You really think that Amazon has never had a customer come to it with an issue?

it is not even clear that failure has occurred since the actual points crediting has not actually occurred - just reference to pending points
As it happens I had an issue with Amazon last week with a book arrived damaged. I called up, routed to Philippines, and they sorted it there and then. No need for a form or 40 days turnaround.

But I agree, best for the OP to wait until the actual points or Avios post before worrying, as clearly something is pending.
Old Jun 13, 17, 6:15 am

Never had any issue with any purchases bought via Gate365 that have not initially tracked.
The ones I've had to a missing Avios form have all been added to the pending transaction list after a few days and all posted within a month of purchases.
Old Jun 14, 17, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear View Post
no - see my earlier post

I received a mail from CS today and another points pending mail with the correct exVAT avios
Old Jun 14, 17, 11:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I bought something via gate 365 for the first time towards the end of last year. Never got the points. That was the last time I use gate 365.

I've never had to chase anything through TCB...
Old Aug 16, 17, 9:58 am
duo

Just had some points removed stating 'Cancelled by Merchant'. Contacted the merchant they are telling me to contact BA. Utter shambles.
Old Sep 6, 17, 8:48 am
duo

I am quickly loosing any trust I had with this site. Two transactions now in quick succession have been cancelled by merchant. Despite making 100% sure that the transaction id was captured before purchasing in the first one the merchant claim it is not the one used for the purchase. And then refuse to give more detail quoting the data protection act. Awaiting to hear the reason why the most recent one was cancelled.

Search this Thread