Price Rise [Premium Cabins, ex-Germany]

Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, OWE Saphire, VS, IB, HHonours, Former Under The Sea Dweller
Price Rise [Premium Cabins, ex-Germany]

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I could not see it,

The Ex EU from Germany price has gone up considerably to the US from DUS for Flights later in the year and early next year for the premium cabins, is this happening for all ex EU flights?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 2:32 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
I'm sure our resident experts will be along soon but some more specific details would help them.
- what was the price you were looking at?
- When did you last see the cheaper price?
- what specific route?
- what is the price now?
- was there a sale when you first looked?
- are your travel periods the same? Sales had very specific date validity.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
When are you comparing from and too? If it's a year ago the foreign exchange rates will have impacted to the tune of 10-15%
Old Jun 12, 2017, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, OWE Saphire, VS, IB, HHonours, Former Under The Sea Dweller
It is not from a year ago, it is from about 3 weeks ago, i often check on BQA.com on various routes and on google flights, DUS to JFK in 1st for instance has gone up by around 1000 per direction
Old Jun 12, 2017, 3:47 am

There's many different reasons prices can go up. Are you looking at specific dates? Use skyscanner or another website like that to check the prices over a period of time, this way you will be able to find cheaper deals.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: AS MVPG, LH, Marriott Titanium, National Executive Elite
Anecdotal evidence suggests that many BA flights to the US can currently be ticketed as AA at substantial savings.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
True - even out of LHR, my last 3 US trips have been on BA metal but ticketed as AA...each time, this was the cheapest option by about 1,000 even though the AA tickets booked into First rather than Club World. Weird.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.