Adding 2-4-1 at later date

Old Jun 11, 17, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold
Adding 2-4-1 at later date

So I am well aware of the fact that if I book 2 seats as outright redemptions and would want to change it to a 2-4-1 at a later date, it's not all that straightforward and requires cancelling the existing reservation (which may or may not release the seats to the redemption buckets). Now, let's assume I've had two seats booked and now want to get half of the avios back by applying a 2-4-1. I can use a GGL redemption to open availability (subject to the usual - the relevant buckets still having seats and no other GGLs having snapped my seats). Would this work?

Specifically I am looking to use two 2-4-1s but currently only have one. So ideally I would like to make a booking for 4 people using one 2-4-1 and then apply the second one. Has anyone tried that and can report success?
Old Jun 11, 17, 2:38 pm

Why don't you use the 2-4-1 that you already have and book from standard availability, or just wait until you have the other voucher and use one HVCC to open up four seats on one PNR. That is actually better as you extend some of your benefits to the other passengers if you are all on the same booking.
Old Jun 11, 17, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Did you look into this thread further down - the FAQs cover almost everything

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...cussion-7.html

Last edited by mikeyfly; Jun 11, 17 at 2:59 pm
Old Jun 11, 17, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by HereToHelp View Post
Why don't you use the 2-4-1 that you already have and book from standard availability, or just wait until you have the other voucher and use one HVCC to open up four seats on one PNR. That is actually better as you extend some of your benefits to the other passengers if you are all on the same booking.
My worry is that the availability may vanish by the time I get the second 2-4-1 (I was looking at MLE). So I can use a joker to open 4 seats, use one 2-4-1 and book two outright all on one PNR. Then when the second 2-4-1 gets to my account, I should still be able to cancel the old booking and rebook with two 2-4-1s claiming my 4 seats, since they were made available using my joker - correct? Or wishful thinking?

Search this Thread