Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Rentokil rodent catcher box in lounge this morning

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2017, 1:50 am
DS7
Original Poster

Programs: BA (shiny); VS (amoeba); Others (plankton)

I'm in two minds as to whether I find this concerning or not. In F lounge today, there is a rodent catch her box max 1 metre from me. Would post a pic if I could but no idea how.

A school of thought says, they obviously need to do something to get rid of them but another says I don't much want that thought in my head whilst I tuck into my Sunday morning breakfast...

Thoughts?
Old Jun 11, 2017, 1:52 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
Originally Posted by DS7
I'm in two minds as to whether I find this concerning or not. In F lounge today, there is a rodent catch her box max 1 metre from me. Would post a pic if I could but no idea how.

A school of thought says, they obviously need to do something to get rid of them but another says I don't much want that thought in my head whilst I tuck into my Sunday morning breakfast...

Thoughts?
Been there quite a while now. I have never seen it anywhere else so I think you are right to feel perturbed.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by DS7

Thoughts?
As long as thats not your sunday morning breakfast you will be fine.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 1:54 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
It's preferable to (at least try to) catch the rodents than let them roam freely, assuming it wouldn't end up on your dish
Old Jun 11, 2017, 2:19 am

There was a great picture in the South China Morning Post some years ago of a Flight Engineer busting through the F curtain crash axe in hand chasing a similar rodent,on a well known Oneworld airline.

My old boss was not amused.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 2:52 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Every day we have to think of a new cost saving idea. Rats taste like chicken, and curry well. The only question is whether to serve them in F or J.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 2:54 am
DS7
Original Poster

Programs: BA (shiny); VS (amoeba); Others (plankton)
Fair dos.

Had a quiet word with one of the lounge mgrs and he said that it's a terminal wide initiative but the boxes are normally under seats and out of sight. This one is probably out in the open because the seat that "hid" it got moved.

Sounds plausible. Case dismissed

Last edited by DS7; Jun 11, 2017 at 2:55 am Reason: typo
Old Jun 11, 2017, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by DS7
Had a quiet word with one of the lounge mgrs and he said that it's a terminal wide initiative
More like a terminal wide rodent problem
Old Jun 11, 2017, 3:01 am

Was it over in the whatever they call it area behind the glass, where they had the craft beer stuff a few weeks ago? Because that's where and when I saw them last and got the same reply about them being under seats that have since moved.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 3:11 am

As someone who works in T5, I can confirm these are spread all over. Many behind the scenes in staff areas and walkways.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
More like a terminal wide rodent problem
The world is heavily populated with small rodents. Nowhere is immune from their presence, and having discreet traps here and there is a sensible move.

Living in a rural area, with a cat who likes to hunt, we have had to deploy several traps in secret corners to catch the ones she brings home ... and lets escape again. Morning trap-check of the night's activity [or none] is a daily requirement!
Old Jun 11, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
We have to have them at work. You can see if the bait has been nibbled so it's a good way to be able to say yes we have rodent boxes but no we don't have s problem as we've not had any sign of rodent activity.
Be reassured.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 3:50 am

Programs: Costa Coffee
Originally Posted by Dubh
Was it over in the whatever they call it area behind the glass, where they had the craft beer stuff a few weeks ago? Because that's where and when I saw them last and got the same reply about them being under seats that have since moved.
I loved that craft beer. The Wild Beer Company, Invest, Cloudy Crowd. I was late for my flight to EZE, so only managed a couple. Haven't seen them since.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 4:39 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by DS7

Thoughts?
Perhaps it's there to deter any disloyal BA rats from deserting and making a dash for the Aspire lounge?

Mice spotting used to be a regular passtime in the KLM Crown Lounges in AMS....
Old Jun 11, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by DS7
Fair dos.

Had a quiet word with one of the lounge mgrs and he said that it's a terminal wide initiative but the boxes are normally under seats and out of sight. This one is probably out in the open because the seat that "hid" it got moved.

Sounds plausible. Case dismissed
Did not c box was more concerned sitting at table as u enter before main restaurant, enjoying my champange poached eggs ans smoked salmon at 6.30 this morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.