Bonus avios from a BA Holiday booking...

Old Jun 10, 17, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Bonus avios from a BA Holiday booking...

I know i'm due some from a recent trip, however, I can't find the original email.

Is there any way I can check what I'm due? (I know the booking ref)
Old Jun 10, 17, 4:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Can't answer your specific question but they seem to post in a batch around the 20th of each month. Maybe wait for then or just phone BA hols who are usually very helpful?
Old Jun 10, 17, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Platinum & Ambassador
They post 6 weeks after the last day of the trip.
Old Jun 10, 17, 5:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
2 avios per 1 spent

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear View Post
They post 6 weeks after the last day of the trip.
Hopefully! Or 2 weeks if you're lucky. Or 12 weeks. Or never, and you have to hassle the Twitter team to get them. It's a bit of a lottery.
Old Jun 11, 17, 7:55 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
If you have lots of things posting on your account you may need to look back a little as the entry into your statement can be inserted at the date of your trip rather than as the last item on the list. I've had a few 'missing' things before that I've then found by looking back - the clue that you haven't gone mad is that it'll show a 'posted' date much later than the dates of entries that immediately precede / follow.
Old Jun 11, 17, 8:35 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
It's also worth keeping an eye on how many Avios actually post - I've had two recent bookings post 300 Avios short of the originally quoted amount. Sorted by sending in a note to CR, mind, after a month or so.
Old Jun 11, 17, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Silver
If you have lots of things posting on your account you may need to look back a little as the entry into your statement can be inserted at the date of your trip rather than as the last item on the list. I've had a few 'missing' things before that I've then found by looking back - the clue that you haven't gone mad is that it'll show a 'posted' date much later than the dates of entries that immediately precede / follow.
The BA App and Web site behave differently. Every transaction has a 'transaction date' and a 'posted date'. The BA App lists recent transactions sorted by the Transaction date, so BA Hols bonuses may get lost down the list. The BA web site lists transactions sorted by Posted date (which seems more intuitive to me), so if something has just posted it will be at the top where you can see it.
Old Jun 11, 17, 11:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Thrifty Scotsman View Post
I know i'm due some from a recent trip, however, I can't find the original email.

Is there any way I can check what I'm due? (I know the booking ref)
I always keep the original emailed ticket receipt until the bonus avios post, after you've flown it's not easy to access them.

The very helpful customer service say they post 6 weeks after return, this is true sometimes, but we had one trip last week where the bonus avios posted within 3 days. If they don't post automatically (happens frequently) they can be sorted manually by customer service.

Search this Thread