Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

UUA - TPs more likely to post correctly if done at booking or after?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2017, 6:58 am
Original Poster

What is experience of regular UUAers as to whether underlying TPs are more likely to post correctly if you book in one go over the phone, or book and then UUA later? Thanks.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
What is experience of regular UUAers as to whether underlying TPs are more likely to post correctly if you book in one go over the phone, or book and then UUA later? Thanks.
In my experience, they post automatically almost every time when I book and upgrade at the same time online. When I do it over the phone (where at the time of making the commercial booking or later) they seem to never post automatically.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Thanks. This booking can't be done online so have to do over the phone - would it be better if I UUA online after do you think?
Old Jun 9, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
UUA is highly unlikely to work with a complex booking (more than straight origin & return) even if it can be booked online, so you'd be lucky to have a choice.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Silver
I UuA quite often and almost always over the phone, because it is usually XXX-LHR-XXX and cannot be done online. In my experience the TP always post with no intervention on my side. Not always they are posted correctly, though, but when they aren't it is always in my favour
Old Jun 9, 2017, 7:36 am

Thanks. This booking can't be done online so have to do over the phone - would it be better if I UUA online after do you think?
I am not sure you can UUA online after you make a commercial booking offline. I would not worry about it though - the worst that can happen is that you'll have to make a claim.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:49 am
Original Poster

It's an open jaw mixed class, T outbound I inbound so yes probably won't be UUAble online, but wasn't sure about that.

In that case sounds like advice is to do it all in one go?

What's the latest on whether the call centre are now charging fees for UUA post-booking? There have been a couple of threads about that recently IIRC.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:54 am

It's an open jaw mixed class, T outbound I inbound so yes probably won't be UUAble online, but wasn't sure about that.

In that case sounds like advice is to do it all in one go?

What's the latest on whether the call centre are now charging fees for UUA post-booking? There have been a couple of threads about that recently IIRC.
if it is a P2P open jaw then you should be able to book it online and upgrade online afterwards. if it is a connecting itinerary then it won't be possible to upgrade regardless whether it is an OJ or a return.

Regarding fees - I am confused about them as well. Sometimes I am charged, some times I am not. However, I thought that only GGL and above no longer pay them? The last time I was not charged because it was not possible to upgrade online (connecting itinerary).
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MILLEMIGLIA Freccia Alata, M&M Blue
I always UUAed over the phone.
Got 4 UUA for May and June from WTP to CW, and all posted with CW TP's and avios instead of the underlying fare.
Will keep UUAing on the phone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.