Search

Used the wrong companion voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2017, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Used the wrong companion voucher

hi
yesterday we booked our trip to Boston but unfortunately we used the wrong companion voucher ( we had 2, one expiring in March 2018 and one in April 2019 and used the 19 one).
we called BA but as expected they can't do anything. The only thing it seems we can do is cancel the booking but they said that costs 65 pounds per person ( I thought it was 30 or 35)
any other ideas?
thanks
Old Jun 7, 2017, 12:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
I thought £35 too.

What do you value more? Having another companion voucher to use or the £70 (£130?) in your pocket?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 12:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
If it's within 24 hours can't you cancel within the cooling off period at no cost?

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...e/public/en_il
Old Jun 7, 2017, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
They should have explained there is a 24hr cooling off period whereby you can cancel without penalty. Get back on the phone if you're still within this
Old Jun 7, 2017, 1:22 am
Original Poster

I am, booked yesterday evening thanks
Old Jun 7, 2017, 2:15 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Or else you'll have to have another holiday this year, shame
Old Jun 7, 2017, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Not enough Avios for another holiday this year
but all is well as I managed to cancel using the cool down period - no cost. I guess the person I spoke to to yesterday in the US (the uk line was already closed) was not well informed
thanks for the advice. Now I need to rebook again
Old Jun 7, 2017, 4:48 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by sunszajn
Not enough Avios for another holiday this year
but all is well as I managed to cancel using the cool down period - no cost. I guess the person I spoke to to yesterday in the US (the uk line was already closed) was not well informed
thanks for the advice. Now I need to rebook again
The only worry here is that if you used redemption's (Given that you mention avios) is that the avios seats aren't always put back into inventory to be able to be used again straight away
Old Jun 7, 2017, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cgtechuk
The only worry here is that if you used redemption's (Given that you mention avios) is that the avios seats aren't always put back into inventory to be able to be used again straight away
Yes indeed, I knew I was running that risk but when I was booking there were still plenty reward flights available so I was hopeful and all went well and we have our new booking exactly for the same flights - cant's wait
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:33 am
formerly maskelo

yes, if you use your cancellation in the cooling off period you should be ok and avoid the charges - remember you can only do that on the phone
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Yes indeed, I knew I was running that risk but when I was booking there were still plenty reward flights available so I was hopeful and all went well and we have our new booking exactly for the same flights - cant's wait
Glad to hear it Off somewhere nice?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Glad to hear it Off somewhere nice?
Sorry, I just realized I never answered. We are flying to Boston and than doing a roadtrip (Maine, NY, Cape cod)
Old Jun 15, 2017, 7:52 am

Sorry, I just realized I never answered. We are flying to Boston and than doing a roadtrip (Maine, NY, Cape cod)
Nice.. Enjoy the trip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.