Sunday's (11th June) BA95 LHR/YUL

Old Jun 6, 17, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGLFL, LH Sen, Alitalia Platinum, Hilton Plat, SPG / Marriott / Carlsson Gold
Sunday's (11th June) BA95 LHR/YUL

Believe only two more seats for sale in J, and W looks busy. So, (a) will they open up F seating for J pax? And (b) as GGLFL do I need to keep an eye on this or will the seat gods move me forward? Any thoughts very gratefully received. 1K
Old Jun 6, 17, 7:39 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Seat 1K View Post
Believe only two more seats for sale in J, and W looks busy. So, (a) will they open up F seating for J pax? And (b) as GGLFL do I need to keep an eye on this or will the seat gods move me forward? Any thoughts very gratefully received. 1K
Just to clarify the above for any future queries people have on the subject, the route is only sold as 3 class (CW, WT+ and WT), but is currently showing as being operated by a 4 class aircraft, one of the 17 F birds if the seat map is to be believed.

From my limited experience, if F is opened up, you need to be pro-active in getting a seat. I was on a 4 class aircraft on a 3 class route in March, and although the seats in F became unblocked about 48hrs before the flight, the online seat map didn't show them to allow me select. I assumed they would remain blocked but when I boarded they were all taken by CW pax, so I'd suggest calling the GGL line around 48hrs before the flight and asking if they are now available to be selected.

Let us know how you get on!

Pilot37
Old Jun 6, 17, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes it looks like a 17 seater and I think that the First cabin will be used, good luck.
Old Jun 6, 17, 7:55 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
It's the Canadian Grand Prix on Sunday, so I imagine the return will be absolutely chocker...!
Old Jun 7, 17, 2:35 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
The 2 spare seats in J is based on fully using the F cabin, so yes it will be used. Good luck x
Old Jun 7, 17, 4:09 am

Programs: AA : BA
I have several of these 3 class operated by 4 class and whilst I can select a J seat on booking as normal, any subsequent attempt to change brings up the F cabin seat map but without the ability to select a seat.
i guess this is in case of an equipment change?

On check in at T-24, I find an F seat is pre-assigned.
Old Jun 24, 17, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGLFL, LH Sen, Alitalia Platinum, Hilton Plat, SPG / Marriott / Carlsson Gold
I did manage 2A, which was great, but the Club service was slow and not very good. I secured it by keeping a close eye on Expertflyer and BA.com, then calling the GGL line. There were two Prems, and at least five GGLs, on the flight with J tickets and none of them in F seating area.
Old Jun 24, 17, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I am sorry that the service was slow, that was probably because BA don't give us any extra crew when we have a 4 class aircraft on a 3 class route.

Search this Thread