Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:30 pm

Heathrow - Newark (return)
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:36 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Calli0
Heathrow - Newark (return)
anything else in the booking? Not sure how you can get to 560 TP just doing LHR-EWR-LHR?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
anything else in the booking? Not sure how you can get to 560 TP just doing LHR-EWR-LHR?
It has LHR - EWR, EWR - LHR and also the same flight again on a wait list... No idea what this means.. This is my first long haul flight in 10+ years but my job has got me going out to NY and HK this month
Old Jun 7, 2017, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by Calli0
It has LHR - EWR, EWR - LHR and also the same flight again on a wait list... No idea what this means.. This is my first long haul flight in 10+ years but my job has got me going out to NY and HK this month
Was there some background to this booking? Perhaps a change at some point? A normal LHR-EWR rtn booked via ba.com wouldn't have wait-listed sectors. I suspect these additional sectors are confusing the TP and avios calculation on BA MMB.

In any case your TP earning will be 140 (assuming you are in CW) per flight so you will get 2 x 140 = 280 TP for your return.

For avios earning it does depend on selling class and status level, and the calculator on ba.com should give the correct figure.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Was there some background to this booking? Perhaps a change at some point? A normal LHR-EWR rtn booked via ba.com wouldn't have wait-listed sectors. I suspect these additional sectors are confusing the TP and avios calculation on BA MMB.

In any case your TP earning will be 140 (assuming you are in CW) per flight so you will get 2 x 140 = 280 TP for your return.

For avios earning it does depend on selling class and status level, and the calculator on ba.com should give the correct figure.
Thanks for your help. Looking into it further it looks like there is some kind of confusion. It's first going out, but the PA at work has booked me on the wait list for CW and First, presumably the agent couldn't get a seat. I have 0 tier points at the moment so I would be on the lowest collection. That's why the tier points are 210+210+140=560. I guess whichever seat comes up available will be the one added (if any).

She seemed under the the impression that I was booked on a flight but on the waiting list for an earlier flight but it doesn't look like I am - unless I'm booked on it and it's not come up on the system and then I'm on the waiting list for first/Cw for this earlier flight.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
there's also a problem with actually booking some of the AY TATL code-shares, i.e. they might look like great fares on matrix but can't actually be booked.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Talking of calculator errors, is it right that you only 5TP (!) for an O Class flight from Auckland to/from Melbourne? Seems light for a 3.5 hour flight.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Pack
Talking of calculator errors, is it right that you only 5TP (!) for an O Class flight from Auckland to/from Melbourne? Seems light for a 3.5 hour flight.
Yes, that sounds right. If it is not over 2000 miles then it is short haul earning and gets 5 TP for QF selling classes M, K, L, N, G, Q, S, V, and O.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Pack
Yes, it's under 2,000 miles and short-haul plus (HEL, ATH, etc.) is an exception to the rule.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
Interesting.....

I also have a discrepancy between what it says on the calculator and what it says on MMB

I have a LHR-Far East via HEL on AY (4th sector on BA Metal)

Calculator says 80 + 140 + 140 + 80 (440 total)

That would be correct - wouldn't it ?

MMB is saying "You will earn 370 Tier Points"

Can't see any logic for that number ??
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I was checking a domestic O-class flight on AA and the TPs don't look to be correct. The flight is between LAX and PHL, and shows 1,800 Avios and 20 TPs. For a discounted economy fare the TPs are considerably more than other segments of similar distance and fare bucket (e.g. my ORD-SFO flight clocks in at just over 1,300 Avios and shows 5 TPs).

I'm planning to use these January flights to pick up the 20 TPs I will need to hit 1,500 and get my BA Gold, but if I can do it with just that one segment I'd like to put the other three into my AA account, so I'd like to know the correct TP credits before I fly. (And as a current AA ExecPlat, unless my comp upgrade clears before I change the FF account, any chance of an upgrade on this red eye will be lost so a 1st World dilemma.)
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Once again it's the over/under 2k miles threshold.

SFO-ORD is 1,846 miles; LAX-PHL is 2,402.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Cymro
Once again it's the over/under 2k miles threshold.

SFO-ORD is 1,846 miles; LAX-PHL is 2,402.
Thanks. Wasn't familiar with these thresholds (nor did the Avios mileage correspond to the actual mileage) as I'm relatively new to the BA program.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Thanks. Wasn't familiar with these thresholds (nor did the Avios mileage correspond to the actual mileage) as I'm relatively new to the BA program.
The avios figures do correspond to the actual mileage. Flying an O fare as BA Silver, you earn 25% + 50% bonus = 75% of actual mileage.

For SFO-ORD that's 75% of 1846 = 1386
For LAX-PHL that's 75% of 2401 = 1800

(The rounding happens at the 25% level)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.