Wiki Posts
Search

Free HEX upgrade for GGL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2017, 3:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Diver Boy
This morning the guard wasn't really bothered about checking my card (on my phone). Did gave a bonus as I bought my ticket just before I got on the train and the machine was only charging £15, not sure if there is a special offer on AT present that I hadn't noticed.
On a Saturday you can buy a Fixed Date off-Peak Express on the day for £15.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by hsmall
ETA: we were also using discounted tickets bought with my husband's network god card. This did not seem to be a problem.
Now I definitely want to learn more about that, maybe in the DYKWIA thread?
hsmall, LTN Phobia and Thomathy like this.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 4:26 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Quite a full first carriage today with a gold blagger in front of me.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by KARFA
On a Saturday you can buy a Fixed Date off-Peak Express on the day for £15.
Which, apparently, is not eligible for an upgrade, depending which ticket collector you speak to. I really wish there were some published rules around this!
Old Dec 16, 2017, 5:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey

Which, apparently, is not eligible for an upgrade, depending which ticket collector you speak to. I really wish there were some published rules around this!
Interestingly the link on BA.com posted at the start of the thread has been updated to cover all of 2017 https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...t=100000160792

it just seems to say you need to have an express class ticket, nothing about discounted tickets not being eligible.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Originally Posted by KARFA

Interestingly the link on BA.com posted at the start of the thread has been updated to cover all of 2017 https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...t=100000160792

it just seems to say you need to have an express class ticket, nothing about discounted tickets not being eligible.
The fixed date tickets on a Saturday being available is good to know, have normally not needed a Saturday ticket. The application of differing rules depending on whom you speak to is no surprise.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by CCayley

Now I definitely want to learn more about that, maybe in the DYKWIA thread?
Granted I am one of the most assertive anti-theists on the planet, that is one of my favourite typos
CCayley likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey

On cheap tickets again? Lordy, I thought you were premium.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Just had the guard when checking my card for the upgrade say "oh you have the right card, in a couple of weeks we will only accept the cards with GL on". He then asked what the GL stood for.
Old May 6, 2018, 1:54 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
HEX T&C changes MAY 2

I just noticed that there are two significant changes to the HEX T&C that came into effect for tickets purchased after May 2.

Travel must be for the direction on the ticket and single tickets are only valid for the day of booking only. Also from May 20th you will need your ticket to exit the barriers that have been installed at Heathrow HEX platforms.

https://www.heathrowexpress.com/news...rom-2-may-2018
Old May 6, 2018, 4:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The ticket barriers were inevitable thanks to the Elizabeth line coming online and Oyster acceptance. I presume this means that those using HEX to transfer between stations will either need to use the same free-but-contactlesscard-needed method as the tube, or free tickets will be issued for inter-terminal transfers.
Old May 6, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The ticket barriers were inevitable thanks to the Elizabeth line coming online and Oyster acceptance. I presume this means that those using HEX to transfer between stations will either need to use the same free-but-contactlesscard-needed method as the tube, or free tickets will be issued for inter-terminal transfers.
Can you (will you be able to) move from HEX to Elizabeth line without encountering a ticket gate? Otherwise surely they could have just installed gates at Paddington - you’re only coming from / going to Heathrow if you scan a ticket there so could have been a single ticket check.

I’m probably missing something though...
Old May 6, 2018, 4:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Can you (will you be able to) move from HEX to Elizabeth line without encountering a ticket gate? Otherwise surely they could have just installed gates at Paddington - you’re only coming from / going to Heathrow if you scan a ticket there so could have been a single ticket check.

I’m probably missing something though...
Yes, that's the problem: the same stations will be used in T4 and T2-T3. At the moment Heathrow Connect and HEX passengers can get to both services at T2 (and Elizabeth Line at T4) without a ticket check, T4 goes TfL Rail shortly and Elizabeth Line at the end of the year, and T2 will have both platforms running. So unless they built a new platform at T2 there would be Elizabeth Line passengers - with Oysters - not being scanned after a trip from central London.
Mods - kindly shift to the BMI forum in due course.
Old May 6, 2018, 5:36 am

So does anyone know if BA Premier Card holders are entitled to this upgrade?

Asking for a friend...
Old Oct 19, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Has anyone heard if this offer will be extended past the 31st of October?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.