Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:11 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by BA6501
Worked last night for me.
Originally Posted by loungesnob
Worked yesterday and today for me too
Thank you both, appreciated! ^ Then I'll do the same on Thursday
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Worked for a common-as-muck Gold just now
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: BA GGL
I finally thought to try this out today - I checked with an agent on the platform if they were still doing the offer for BA Gold. He asked to see my BA card then waved me on.

There were 6 people in my carriage: 3 are gold card holders and 2 are their mates / colleagues who it seems are eligible for the upgrade too.

Edit: they all got off at T2/3, so more likely Star gold I guess.

Last edited by woglet86; Aug 24, 2017 at 11:11 am
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Worked for me, a humble Gold, this afternoon. So glad I spotted this thread weeks back. What with the upgrade to First and a discounted ticket thanks to my recently acquired senior railcard it was great value for money!
Old Sep 22, 2017, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by woglet86
Edit: they all got off at T2/3, so more likely Star gold I guess.
Or flying BA to Prague, Miami, Vancouver etc...
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I had no idea about this offer. Bought s ticket from the human ticket machine in T3 who happened to see my bag tags (see, they DO have a purpose!). He proactively upgraded me and printed me an additional ticket for the upgrade. A nice surprise.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Or they have the good sense to be flying on AA to the US...
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:00 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar
I had no idea about this offer. Bought s ticket from the human ticket machine in T3 who happened to see my bag tags (see, they DO have a purpose!). He proactively upgraded me and printed me an additional ticket for the upgrade. A nice surprise.
Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar
Or they have the good sense to be flying on AA to the US...
It's a reasonable point to highlight - to take advantage of this, you don't have to be travelling with BA, or even oneworld. You could equally be on EI to DUB or UA to IAD out of T2 - there is no boarding pass or itinerary check.

Before it was introduced for BAEC status, and theoretically I don't qualify now because I'm not GGL, I used my *G status to go through to T5. Not an eyelid was batted ...
Old Sep 23, 2017, 3:31 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
Thank you both, appreciated! ^ Then I'll do the same on Thursday
Worked for me last night, a lowly Gold.

May I add the expiry date on my card wasn't even examined.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Likelihood was based on my assumption about number of flights from those terminals, although my sense of that could definitely be wrong.

I've since also been declined a HEX upgrade for a travel companion, whilst half of the upgrades I saw were guests ("I'm with him"), so suggests they whatever gold cards they were using werent BA. Or an inconsistent application of the rules, which wouldn't be surprising!
Old Sep 30, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by woglet86
Likelihood was based on my assumption about number of flights from those terminals, although my sense of that could definitely be wrong.

I've since also been declined a HEX upgrade for a travel companion, whilst half of the upgrades I saw were guests ("I'm with him"), so suggests they whatever gold cards they were using werent BA. Or an inconsistent application of the rules, which wouldn't be surprising!
You might consider engaging wth their twitter account as to the denied companion: @Heathrowexpress. It's quite responsive and has explicitly stated that a companion is eligible.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 1:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Do you just board the HEX First carriage and show your GC when they come round to check your tickets?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Knickam
Do you just board the HEX First carriage and show your GC when they come round to check your tickets?
You do, although officially it is supposed to be a GC with GGL logo (the crown) on it. Either physical or virtual with the app works.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:58 am
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
GCH this morning and no problem at least I got 1 upgrade today
CantTurnRight likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
Worked for me this morning. Asked the guy on the platform if the offer for GCH was still running - he said yes.

Simply got on in Business First and when asked for ticket showed my Gold Card and Standard HEX ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.