Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA1407 MAN-LHR 5 Jun Go around

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2017, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Cent, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hilton Diam(given it though I'd never stayed in a Hilton)
BA1407 MAN-LHR 5 Jun Go around

Just had a fun landing: weather is terrible at LHR and we seemed to get caught in a patch of really severe weather of thick black low cloud and high winds. Coming in, after undercarriage down, plane was tipping side to side and also skewing a lot as we approached the runway. The wheels (I think!) touched and then the engines increased for a go around. Second landing not much better but we got down.

For all the faults that BA as a company have at present and for all the terrible, terrible management decisions that are being made, I wanted to say thank you to the flight and cabin crew for reminding me why I choose to fly BA despite it's current race to the bottom: the professionalism and safety training of its crew. Great Captain, great decision making to abort landing (he says with very little knowledge!) and a very professional crew!
Old Jun 5, 2017, 3:09 pm

Glad you got down ok, but as to the BA safety point, I've had exactly the same go-around experience on easyJet. I don't think of either airline as safer than the other.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Indeed, BA pilots are definitely well trained.

Last edited by navylad; Jun 5, 2017 at 5:04 pm
Old Jun 5, 2017, 4:56 pm
formerly maskelo

always good to hear, and yes BA still ranks well among the safest airlines and a big part of it is the training the pilots and crew receive
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
It was indeed windy yesterday with about 20knots of crosswind and some windshear on short final.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.