Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can I check in luggage part way through a journey?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, QFWP, IHG Plat, *wood Gold

In August we (family of 4) will be flying from BCN to CAI via LHR. We have about 6-7hours layover in London and will probably pop into town for a quick sightsee and lunch.
We are leaving the UK to zoom around France and Spain the week prior and as this is part of our journey back to NZ, we will have a significant amount of luggage!
rather lug this around France we were thinking of placing in left luggage at Heathrow or with a friend in London.
the one way tickets we have for Cairo are on BA - clearly check in is at BCN....

so, can we leave luggage in London and check it in at LHR - ie part way through our journey: which is all on the one ticket.

Anyone experienced doing this or point me to an answer?

cheers
dj
Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes, no problem.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:55 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
yes have done this many times, not a problem at all (last time in my case it was because due to AA IRROPS, I missed connection to my BA flight and was rerouted and was fed up of carrying my cabin bag around airports).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.