Community
Wiki Posts
Search

STN Lounge no contract!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by navylad
I don't think the when available is new? I'm sure I remember being there when I was looking into a FCO booking that had a lounge when booked and then didn't due to the fire and that was some time ago right? 2 years I think?

Funny as I had actually read it as that manager until you pointed out it could be read differently; it does make sense to a degree otherwise lounges with monopolies could essentially charge what they liked and the airline would have to pay it to meet their advertisement.

You could always ask ASA to clarify with them, maybe suggest some better wording.
You are right it's been there for a while at least 2 yrs as I was on the inaugural KRK flight and it was there then. At that time BA advised me that there would be a lounge at KRK and the helpful agent sent me an email confirming this as she couldn't reach me over the telephone.

I showed this email to the KRK lounge manager and she let me in saying that BA had not signed the contract. She advised they had presented it many times but to no avail. When I tackled BA on my return they cited the fact that when there was a LGW-KRK service they got complaints about the lounge so didn't set the facility up in KRK.

I am guessing the typical lounge entry would be of the region of 20-30 USD/EUR depending on volumes etc surely your contracts manager would have a performance clause inserted if there were issues before.

I know when I was a lowly Blue and redeemed extra Avios for a CE flight the lounge was one of the main features that attracted me to that redemption. Now the impression is that BA doesn't seem to care about lounges at out stations for new destinations that's just my observation not maybe it was an oversight..
Old Jun 11, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Gold
The tape has been taken off the Escape Lounge sign and the staff have confirmed that the contract has been signed by BA.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 1:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Dubliner1
The tape has been taken off the Escape Lounge sign and the staff have confirmed that the contract has been signed by BA.
Thanks for confirming. I did send an enquiry in about this during my recent break from FT, but the reply suggested that nothing had changed - which at the time was a confusing answer!
Old Jun 11, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
With all the other cuts and general mediocrity of BA's offering I think it is important that BA offer lounge access to its CE and status passengers. There seem to be too many examples of BA "not signing" contracts- I'm not aware of similar problems for KL, LH etc passengers. It is a major differentiating factor with the genuine low cost carriers, so must not be eroded.

Last year I was surprised to discover that Bordeaux does not offer lounge access for CE passengers. If there is a next time I will fly with EZY unless I need the TP's or BA is cheaper.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
At least in BOD you get a voucher though.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by BA6501
At least in BOD you get a voucher though.
So I'm told, but I didn't. I was HBO and didn't go to check in desk, so didn't even get a chance to get a voucher. Plus BOD is a truly horrible airport. BA could at least have flagged that there are no lounge facilities do directed me to check in.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 4:38 pm

The BOD lounge is the worst lounge that I have ever been in so a voucher may actually be better but are there many places to spend a voucher.

While the BOD non-AF part is poor, it could be worse - the BILI / budget section is even worse! Quite poor for such a city.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes, you do have to go to a desk to collect it. It's valid in the landside cafe opposite check-in as well as another one airside I believe. They refuse to pay the higher amount for the new lounge that opened, to the right of security (upstairs).
Old Jun 11, 2017, 5:58 pm

I did not know that there was a new lounge. Is the new lounge landslide? I should hope that it is better than the previous lounge!
Old Jun 16, 2017, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ba exec club
Just heard back and got 10 000 avios as an apology which was nice!
Old Jun 16, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ABJ92
Just heard back and got 10 000 avios as an apology which was nice!
Bonus!
Old Sep 30, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold
Just to provide an update on this, the Escape Lounge is now available to BA customers departing STN. Having gone through today I have to say it exceeded my (admittedly low) expectations as an overall pleasant and stress free pre-flight experience. Prosecco available from the bar without the guilt trip/hassle you’d endure for the bubbly in Galleries Club and a nice spread of hot and cold food (including pies and sausage rolls) around lunch time. Having expected to go without, well done on BA for actually sorting this out.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Do normal BA guesting rules apply if flying Y? Or is it status holder only?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.