STN Lounge no contract!

Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
How many flights do BA even run from STN, and since when? I didn't know they had any routes from there at all.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by salut0
How many flights do BA even run from STN, and since when? I didn't know they had any routes from there at all.
Look under airlines and destinations here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Stansted_Airport

They're not daily routes, I think most run at the weekends when the aircraft are not in use at LCY. It's fairly new, from last year I think.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 12:11 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by salut0
It basically allows the BACF aircraft and staff to work a full 7 day week, when LCY is closed between Saturday afternoon and Sunday lunchtime. Some exceptions, but that is how it started. It means that some locations get BA aircraft from 4 separate London airports.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 1:12 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Some locations get BA aircraft from 4 separate London airports.
I would think Nice, Geneva and Palma?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 1:29 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by andset1191
I would think Nice, Geneva and Palma?
Plus a town of a mere 64,000 souls, Faro.

[Retirement homes of BA management is of course a mere coincidence].

The record, of course, is Ibiza. In addition to the 4 London airports, it also benefits from BA services from Birmingham, Bristol, Dublin and Manchester.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I wonder if this was an oversight rather than a deliberate decision not to offer lounge access. Let BA know, if there are no complaints then it will be seen as a tacit approval.
What makes you think that.. they deliberately chose not to sign the contract at KRK and haven't done so for 2 years andt thats after stepping up the frequencies on the route due to it's success.

The benefits of Club Europe now say use of lounges where available with the last 2 words added....
Old Jun 4, 2017, 3:50 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
What makes you think that.. they deliberately chose not to sign the contract at KRK and haven't done so for 2 years andt thats after stepping up the frequencies on the route due to it's success.

The benefits of Club Europe now say use of lounges where available with the last 2 words added....
Think what? I think posed a question.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Think what? I think posed a question.
Apologies I didn't read it that way as there was no question mark. Maybe I was steered by the fact that KRK advised me repeated over the last 2 years that BA won't sign the contract despite being asked by KRK several times if they wanted to.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Apologies I didn't read it that way as there was no question mark. Maybe I was steered by the fact that KRK advised me repeated over the last 2 years that BA won't sign the contract despite being asked by KRK several times if they wanted to.
Same with the new Ibiza lounge IIRC .... which ironically Iberia is paying for.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: BAEC

I asked a manager about this in a new European destination that was lacking a lounge, but where AY/AB etc had a contract. He said "but we haven't signed a contract, so it's not available".....so possibly different interpretations on what availability actually means! And of course a rotten trick that can be played out anywhere, and in pretty much any situation.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
I don't think the when available is new? I'm sure I remember being there when I was looking into a FCO booking that had a lounge when booked and then didn't due to the fire and that was some time ago right? 2 years I think?

Funny as I had actually read it as that manager until you pointed out it could be read differently; it does make sense to a degree otherwise lounges with monopolies could essentially charge what they liked and the airline would have to pay it to meet their advertisement.

You could always ask ASA to clarify with them, maybe suggest some better wording.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:24 pm

What BA should do is have a pop-up window in the booking process when you select a J/F fare through one of these airports, stating that there is no lounge provision.

The functionality is there - for example they have pop-ups about terminal changes etc. But I'm sure BA have very little desire to highlight this particular service deficiency.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
What BA should do is have a pop-up window in the booking process when you select a J/F fare through one of these airports, stating that there is no lounge provision.

The functionality is there - for example they have pop-ups about terminal changes etc. But I'm sure BA have very little desire to highlight this particular service deficiency.
Does any airline do that?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Stansted, remember, is 2x2 Embraers. No empty middle seat. All CE gets is lounge and better food (remember ET food and drink is still free on CityFlyer). If there is no lounge then that CE meal is costing you £100 .....
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
Stansted, remember, is 2x2 Embraers. No empty middle seat. All CE gets is lounge and better food (remember ET food and drink is still free on CityFlyer). If there is no lounge then that CE meal is costing you £100 .....
A slight exageration no? You still get TPs, Avios, Fast-trak security, increased baggage allowance, hot towel, champagne, drinks, first off the plane.... And of course the lounge is available om most (?all) of the airports for the return.

Looking at the prices for example...
IBZ £140ish extra return
TXL £107ish extra return
FAO £100ish extra return
AGP £150ish extra return

I do take your point, I wouldn't do it unless I needed the TPs, but then given a lot of people are silver+ on here anyways, they are essentially paying the extra on all CE routes even if there is a lounge for the above plus the middle seat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.