Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Complimentary Status Renewal for Two Years

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Complimentary Status Renewal for Two Years

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: BA GGL
My app updated. My tier year end in Feb, and the card now goes to March 2020. Most welcome, certainly goes a long way to retaining loyalty in my opinion.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 8:00 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Hmm I wonder what happens when I renew my ggl in a few months? Given that the tp counter is still active I wonder if that would push the card expiration a additional year or not. One can only hope that it does (and given BA IT it just might happen )
Old Jun 10, 2017, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by snuffi
My app updated. My tier year end in Feb, and the card now goes to March 2020. Most welcome, certainly goes a long way to retaining loyalty in my opinion.
Ok, so I should expect my card expiry to be May 2020 and then I'll have a soft landing to Silver up to May 2021. So 1 year less than expected but still pretty awesome.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: BA GGL
The cancelled outbound flight also credited. Not the return though.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
My GGL status has been extended to 2020, but am not sure if I would like to fly with BA.

I flew only with StarAlliance in these days Food in Senator Lounge is awesome
Old Jun 10, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
I flew DUB -LHR - JFK in CE and PE on the 28th on two seperate tickets.. Dublin was chaotic with first BA flight delayed- I avoided being sent outside T5 on arrival, having missed flight to JFK and managed to make departures leval without rebooking.. BAA security were trying there hardest to send everybody outside to join the mess.. The staff in the First checkin were brilliant and within 30 mins of getting my bags from the delayed DUB flight i was checked into the next JFK flight and sitting in the first lounge....

Now lets see what it takes to get the complimentary Status Renewal - Nothing arrived to date..... (upgrade from lurking)

IanH
Old Jun 10, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
I got the email, my collection year ended 8 June and I had earned another year of gold. My account shows membership to June 2018 and card expiry July 2017. I wonder what my outcome will be and when.....
Old Jun 10, 2017, 1:10 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Ianh440
I flew DUB -LHR - JFK in CE and PE on the 28th on two seperate tickets.. Dublin was chaotic with first BA flight delayed- I avoided being sent outside T5 on arrival, having missed flight to JFK and managed to make departures leval without rebooking.. BAA security were trying there hardest to send everybody outside to join the mess.. The staff in the First checkin were brilliant and within 30 mins of getting my bags from the delayed DUB flight i was checked into the next JFK flight and sitting in the first lounge....

Now lets see what it takes to get the complimentary Status Renewal - Nothing arrived to date..... (upgrade from lurking)

IanH
Welcome to your upgraded FlyerTalk experience, Ianh440. I'm glad you've upgraded your status here and now that you've broken your duck I hope you continue to join in.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: ex BD(LG),HH(D),SPG(P)/(LG), BA(G)
Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
I got the email, my collection year ended 8 June and I had earned another year of gold. My account shows membership to June 2018 and card expiry July 2017. I wonder what my outcome will be and when.....
My year ended 8th June as well. Tier point collection year ends 8th June 2018, card now expires July 2019. My app updated on the 9th, so very fast.

It would appear that the earlier you were into your collection year, the more you gain from this. However, I am happy with the fact that BA recognised the issue and proactively did something about it.

Still curious to know the 'real' reason behind the outage though!!
Old Jun 10, 2017, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Petrus
Flew on the Friday and the Monday. Was not impacted directly but it affected us a little due to the stress of uncertainty.

Have not received the extension btw. All seems hit and miss as usual...
Are you going to contact BA or wait and see?
Old Jun 10, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: ba gold
can anyone recommend email address were I can request the extension, my tale is a bit of a long story and will be asking BA for some sympathy
TIA
Old Jun 11, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
8 June is my date too. Tonight my card expiry extended to July 2018 - the regular date after the requalification. So no extension so far...
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
I am a bit confused by all the comments about extensions into 2020.

My year is 8 July and I did enough to re-qualify with the actual flight that I was disrupted (delayed a couple of hours). So the card is now extended to August 2019. My 'normal year' plus one more. Fine and thank you very much BA - for a one year extension from August 2018 to August 2019.

What I cannot work out is how people are getting extensions into the year 2020? That feels like more than a one year extension.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I got the 2-year extension e-mail and I'm around halfway to Gold YTD. I can see zero changes on my account from 2017 onwards - whether web or app. Anyone else?
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: BA (GGL, CCR & G4LIFE), VS (Gold4life), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Spire Elite), SPG (Plat)
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by BA or bust
I am a bit confused by all the comments about extensions into 2020.

My year is 8 July and I did enough to re-qualify with the actual flight that I was disrupted (delayed a couple of hours). So the card is now extended to August 2019. My 'normal year' plus one more. Fine and thank you very much BA - for a one year extension from August 2018 to August 2019.

What I cannot work out is how people are getting extensions into the year 2020? That feels like more than a one year extension.
Am in exactly the same time lock as you - extended to August 2019 which is effective only a 1 year extension for me as I had hit 6000TP and renewed months ago for Gold/GGL..... I wish BA would ensure some level of consistency as this is driving me nuts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.