Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Complimentary Status Renewal for Two Years

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Complimentary Status Renewal for Two Years

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: BA/EB/IHG
Got my silver extended as well, too bad I did not push for gold this year...card is valid until June 2018 so let's see if it will be 2019 or 2020 after this.

Was impacted, flying out from LHR on Saturday, scheduled 11:25 and almost 1.5h delayed (so probably one of the last flights leaving). Lucky to get home, but no sign of luggage yet - all essentials naturally on hand luggage so nothing to claim before the 21 day mark.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: BA/EB/IHG
Originally Posted by SadKingBilly
It might have to do with the fact that my collection year finished on May 8th, so I already had Silver guaranteed until May 2018. I guess that two years extension is only for people who have not much left in their current collection year?
My year finished May 8th as well but the email says "renew". Curious.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Based in Singapore, but no email..
I was not affected by the outage last week.

Anyway I guess the thing is if this is targetted there is always a group of people that are left out.. they won't have the warm fuzzy feeling towards BA.

Globalist.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Thumbs up Another recipient of the +2yr email

I was gobsmacked to receive the email indicating an additional 2 yr at my present status! Fantastic timing as I was about to drop from Silver to Brown (with my TP collection year resetting on 8 June).

To be fair, while I was disrupted with a trip to the US bumped from 27th to 28th, I suffered minimal hardship and this is, overall, a better result for me than having travelled as planned on 27th and dropping a status tier next month.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:14 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Holy crap. I got the email too this morning. I was flying thru and really lucked out with my flights with the whole IT issue. My says current tier and there is a photo of my GGL card. I doubt it the CCR card would get renewed.
Anyways I would of requalifyed as I already have the bookings to renew GGL this year. But that is still an amazing gesture by BA.
Unless it's another IT issue and the emails were sent out my mistake
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by rossmacd
I flew Thursday and Monday evenings, but not received the email. I was not disrupted (except on Thursday having to move to another flight because of another delayed flight - unconnected to the IT issues).

I was not impacted by the IT failures, so I do not expect to be a recipient of this decent offer.
And waking up and checking my email, I have also got the 2 year extension. I was not disrupted, but flew what I would class as just after the recovery so wouldn't expect it, but it seems BA are trying to placate their status members on this occasion.

I'd still easily make gold in any case, but still a decent gesture.

I am a CH based member, so I guess they started with UK, then worked from there.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
No extension for me. But I am supposed to be going on holiday on a strike day in a couple weeks, so wonder if they will offer it me then
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by Prospero
Thumbs up to everyone who received this email. It's an olive branch that beckons your future loyalty but also a risk free opportunity to seek alternatives to BA.
Indeed. I wasn't affected but the gesture would simply have taken away the inconvenience of taking the requisite flights on BA metal and having to credit some of my travel to BAEC for the next couple of years.

Last edited by Blueboys999; Jun 2, 2017 at 10:01 pm
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Just got the email. Flew on the Monday evening on an unaffected flight.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
I wonder if BA are going on a charm offensive

Was reading on the BA facebook forum a guy who had and aircraft change to one with no F
He was given a £500 mastercard and a 75% refund for the leg on the spot in the CCR
Similar stories on here of people having to beg for compensation

The extended BEAC offer is very clever and out of kilter with the CS direction of travel
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
Got the email, I'm from the UK and flew on an slightly delayed LCA service on Monday. Also spent all weekend worrying if we would make it on our family holiday. I retained gold pretty early in my current membership year and my card expiry is April 2019. If I read the email correctly it means I'll now be Gold until April 2021?!?

It's a nice gesture but will be shocked and amazed if the actually apply the maths this way!
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by allturnleft
I wonder if BA are going on a charm offensive

Was reading on the BA facebook forum a guy who had and aircraft change to one with no F
He was given a £500 mastercard and a 75% refund for the leg on the spot in the CCR
Similar stories on here of people having to beg for compensation

The extended BEAC offer is very clever and out of kilter with the CS direction of travel
so he got what he was entitled to under EU262 then!
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:22 am

Programs: British Airways
Received email last night. Was affected on Saturday. Good news, as currently Silver.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Let's face is, as far as PR disasters go, this is of epic proportions. I was not caught up in this over the weekend but my spend runs £20k+ in the last year. Being London based I have very few choices when it comes to direct travel. Not me, nor those caught up in this have many alternatives so whether you offer this or not does not matter. Yes, as goodwill this is a good offer, however they will still skirt around EC261 regulation (cash payout) - this is a free option for them. So yes, I find it inherently unfair someone is getting something for free.

What are the other 90% status less caught up in this without status getting?
Why do you feel so entitled? If you were not impacted by the disruption why should you receive any gesture of goodwill? In any event if you are spending £20k+ a year I'd expect you'd naturally achieve status anyway.

I think this is a great offer, it won't make any difference to the most regular flyers as they will earn their status naturally. The benefit will be most welcomed by the TP Runners ... Christmas has come early.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:49 am

I got the email, but from me it's a meh.

We lost a well-earned family holiday when our flight on the 27th was cancelled, because there was no alternative routing to this destination that wouldn't push us outside the school holidays. Plus some of our luggage is still missing, and I have spent at least 6 hours listening to the Flour Duet.

In different circumstances, this would've been a great offer. As it is, I qualify for silver pretty easily each year. In fact, I dropped from gold only in Feb and I'm on track to earn it again before the end of the year - when you factor in the soft landing, I won't get anything from this extension

I know they're simply trying to make a nice gesture, but this one was aimed at someone else. For me, a similar but better offer would have been some lounge vouchers - I could get my two children in when I fly them up to stay with granny, and the wife too when we next get the chance for a family holiday. Maybe I'll send them an email...

Anyway, this is my second post on flyertalk, so this overdue: I'd like to say thank you for all the good advice, and an especially big thank you to those who run the site and the BA/BAEC threads.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.