BA Complimentary Status Renewal for Two Years

Old Jun 2, 17, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad View Post
I can't quite figure out whether you're being serious or not?

This is compensation for a service problem. Those who suffered the problem received the generous offer of compensation. The compensation is the automatic extension of status. On the off chance that you are being serious, what are you suggesting? Should we all receive compensation for a problem that happens to anyone? I saw someone with a non-working IFE the other day, should we both (and in fact should everyone) receive the same compensation as the passenger?
Let's face is, as far as PR disasters go, this is of epic proportions. I was not caught up in this over the weekend but my spend runs 20k+ in the last year. Being London based I have very few choices when it comes to direct travel. Not me, nor those caught up in this have many alternatives so whether you offer this or not does not matter. Yes, as goodwill this is a good offer, however they will still skirt around EC261 regulation (cash payout) - this is a free option for them. So yes, I find it inherently unfair someone is getting something for free.

What are the other 90% status less caught up in this without status getting?
Old Jun 2, 17, 3:21 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold
I flew on Monday with a colleague on the same PNR. He got the email but I haven't which seems odd. Our flight was only slightly delayed.
Old Jun 2, 17, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR
Of course for the most frequent travellers - GFL or GGLFL - it means nothing!
Old Jun 2, 17, 3:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Mrs FF99 and I - both Gold - flew Sunday on an Avios booking, booked on her account. We were delayed only 1hr. She has received the. e-mail. So far, I have not.
Old Jun 2, 17, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA (GGL, CCR & G4LIFE), VS (Gold4life), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Spire Elite), SPG (Plat)
Not received this yet and was delayed by 27 hrs and am GGL..... fingers crossed
Old Jun 2, 17, 3:28 pm

Programs: BAEC
Incredible. Silver status, "suffered" a 30 minute delay. Will do me
Old Jun 2, 17, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
i flew back from Santorini on Sunday - slight delay taking off but landed early but no busses available - sat at stand for about 20 mins. Haven't received an email!
Old Jun 2, 17, 3:30 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99 View Post
Mrs FF99 and I - both Gold - flew Sunday on an Avios booking, booked on her account. We were delayed only 1hr. She has received the. e-mail. So far, I have not.
Was this on a 2-4-1?
Old Jun 2, 17, 3:32 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Instead of filling up pages with "I got the e-mail, too" or "I didn't get it" - you can try and help people figure out who is eligible for it - just London-based flyers, UK flyers or those that flew during the outage with a BAEC number in the reservation. People already figured out reading this thread that such an offer exists, so try and be helpful to see who can expect something like this in their mailbox. I'm EU-registered and did not fly during those days, however, it seems that people who didn't fly were also getting those e-mails. I'm not gonna go into whether this should be done or not - just trying to understand if that affects me in any way.
Old Jun 2, 17, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
I am just going to admit I am jealous!

Will retain Gold this year but it would have been nice. I like freebies. I do not believe for a moment I would be entitled to this.

Congrats to those 'lucky' enough to have (not) flown!
Old Jun 2, 17, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, UA PremPlat
No email has arrived, but then I had no BA flights that weekend...

Now feeling slightly less smug about flying AY
Old Jun 2, 17, 3:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Actually just received email - after posting here! Maybe posting on Flyertalk is the answer!!
Old Jun 2, 17, 3:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Anybody care to return the the Alex Cruz resign thread and change their opinion now?

I was not not impacted over the weekend (bar being able to access the website) and have not received the email.
Old Jun 2, 17, 3:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Just got the email and so did my bf. We spent most of Saturday at Heathrow after our flight was cancelled. Great timing for me as I will drop to Bronze this month and had been debating whether to do a TP run at the start of my new year. A great gesture from BA.
Old Jun 2, 17, 3:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by madmax_uk View Post
Actually just received email - after posting here! Maybe posting on Flyertalk is the answer!!
For a moment I thought you might have a point. Unfortunately the mail from BA that literally came in 2 min ago was concerning a cancelled award flight. Bummer!

Search this Thread