Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Complimentary Status Renewal for Two Years

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Complimentary Status Renewal for Two Years

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: BAEC
I've now got my valid-til-2019 Silver card but it simply came with a letter saying "here's your replacement card" - and I didn't get any email either - I only know of the whole situation due to FT!

(I should add that I did travel during disruption and suspect it's simply my email system playing up.)
Old Aug 27, 2017, 1:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
We travelled the day before the mess and Mrs GM's new Silver card came through yesterday, despite only earning 300 or so points last year. It shows as Silver renewal on the statement.

Initially I got hopeful, thinking the same might happen to me when mine resets next month but reading comments up-thread it looks as if BA just does this for people from time to time. As a data point she had properly qualified for Silver for six straight years, whereas I had a couple of months at Bromze 3 years ago.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:19 am

I am a BA Gold holder but just received silver renewal. So disappointing no grace given to card holders for failure to provide service due to " operational reasons" aka strike. Flights cancelled/rearranged 4 times in 3 weeks to US and Scotland. Must have reliability when travelling for work so last 3 biz flights in my tier year moved to another airline to guarantee arrival as did my colleagues. Very hard to stay loyal. Still 4 x business flights ahead for this year and now wondering whether to move those!
Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:20 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Maverick50
I am a BA Gold holder but just received silver renewal. So disappointing no grace given to card holders for failure to provide service due to " operational reasons" aka strike. Flights cancelled/rearranged 4 times in 3 weeks to US and Scotland. Must have reliability when travelling for work so last 3 biz flights in my tier year moved to another airline to guarantee arrival as did my colleagues. Very hard to stay loyal. Still 4 x business flights ahead for this year and now wondering whether to move those!
Very few flights have actually been cancelled. Out of interest what were the flights you would have taken with BA? Surely to the extent that anything might be given as a result of the strikes it would be to those actually on cancelled flights and with no convenient rebooking?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:20 pm

3 flights to Dallas cancelled, 2 in same week as did colleagues. Rebooked on AA but it was not convenient ie BA has premium AA does not, indirect , day later or earlier, additional charge for rearranging connecting flights. For recent dallas flights, avoided BA, not through choice but I absolutely had to be there on a given day so couldn't risk delays. On flight home, got to lounge and was asked was I a BA "refugee". BA had cancelled flight again due to crew in wrong place...flight 4 but thankfully not me!
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life, CCR, VS Silver, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by Maverick50
I would hold fire for a week or two. A friend of mine contacted me today and said he had received his "soft landing" Silver (from Gold) at the end of July. Today he received a Gold card, valid till 2019. Didn't know why but he did fly, with no problem, a couple of days after the power outage.

Seems like it is taking time to catch up with the renewals.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:05 am

That would be nice.. I received new silver card saturday as current Gold card ends 31st aug so lets see!

Last edited by Maverick50; Aug 30, 2017 at 5:16 am
Old Sep 2, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, A3
So my partner has returned from Bronze to Silver and the app shows card expiry date of Dec 2020.
Before the IT happenings the card would have expired in Dec 2017 and the two year extension would have been 2019.
Q1. Is this a technical glitch? (I can't remember if the bronze expiry date was also 2020)
Q2. Will b a be obliged to hold to this as it will mean no need to achieve tier points for two years?
Maybe the physical card will show something different.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by Stormbel
So my partner has returned from Bronze to Silver and the app shows card expiry date of Dec 2020.
Before the IT happenings the card would have expired in Dec 2017 and the two year extension would have been 2019.
Q1. Is this a technical glitch? (I can't remember if the bronze expiry date was also 2020)
Q2. Will b a be obliged to hold to this as it will mean no need to achieve tier points for two years?
Maybe the physical card will show something different.
This happened to me. I got the extension as bronze, now I'm silver and my acct shows a 2020 expiry. The logic of it is how would there be any kind of benefit to a two-year extension if you upgraded in the same year of the offer? You'd have a year as silver and then soft land for another year as bronze again anyway. Or, at least, that's my hope: that it's not just a glitch and they are offering the two-year extension at whatever status you happen to hit before the end of the membership year during which this extension was offered. Because I'll be gold soon!!!

Anyone else who went up in status this year seeing similar honoring of the extension at the new level?
Old Sep 8, 2017, 5:41 am

._._.

Last edited by My_head_is_spinning; Oct 30, 2017 at 1:34 pm
Old Sep 8, 2017, 5:51 am

Duplicate

Last edited by My_head_is_spinning; Sep 8, 2017 at 5:52 am Reason: Duplicate
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by exmachina
This happened to me. I got the extension as bronze, now I'm silver and my acct shows a 2020 expiry. The logic of it is how would there be any kind of benefit to a two-year extension if you upgraded in the same year of the offer? You'd have a year as silver and then soft land for another year as bronze again anyway. Or, at least, that's my hope: that it's not just a glitch and they are offering the two-year extension at whatever status you happen to hit before the end of the membership year during which this extension was offered. Because I'll be gold soon!!!

Anyone else who went up in status this year seeing similar honoring of the extension at the new level?
My partner has had the opposite, she was silver at the time and got the mail about the 2 year extension. She then moved up to gold a few days later and her expiry is still based on that, so no extension at all.
I think the key thing is whether you went up a level before or after they applied the 2 year extension.
I do need to complain on her behalf since as you correctly mention she basically got no extension at all over what she would have earnt anyway.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:59 am

Couple of loosely on topic bits, definitely not worthy of a new thread.

1 - When I used the 2 week window to get gold, the manual process meant that my TPs weren't reset so I had 420 in the bank for the following TP year.

2 - I found out from BA this week that if you're less than a full fare Y ticket(up to 15 TPs) short of gold at the end of your TP year, they'll give you gold anyway.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver // Miles&Smiles Elite // LATAM Pass Black
Data Point instead of "Me Too" comments:

* BAEC Gold Exp: 31st May 17 - Currently Silver.

* Flew Fri 26th May (SGN-DOH-LHR) & Fri 2nd June (LCY-EDI) (QR (BA Ticketed) // BA) - booked several months in advance

* No "lucky" email received

Requested 2Y extension via Twitter, BAEC response via email:

"Dear Mr XXXXX

Thank you for getting in touch with us asking for the two year tier renewal.

I have checked our records and I'm afraid you are not eligible to receive this gesture of good will, as this is reserved for those members most heavily affected.

Compensation is available to all affected customers as defined through the regulated EU compensation framework and I would encourage you to review what may be available to you on ba.com. I would also encourage you to make a claim for any food, transport and accommodation expenses you may have incurred though our customer relations team.

I know this is not the answer you were hoping for and I'm sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

If you would like to contact me again about this case please click on this link:
www.ba.com/your case

Best regards

XXXXXXX
British Airways Executive Club"
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WorldWideWolfie
Data Point instead of "Me Too" comments:

* BAEC Gold Exp: 31st May 17 - Currently Silver.

* Flew Fri 26th May (SGN-DOH-LHR) & Fri 2nd June (LCY-EDI) (QR (BA Ticketed) // BA) - booked several months in advance

* No "lucky" email received

Requested 2Y extension via Twitter, BAEC response via email:

"Dear Mr XXXXX

Thank you for getting in touch with us asking for the two year tier renewal.

I have checked our records and I'm afraid you are not eligible to receive this gesture of good will, as this is reserved for those members most heavily affected.

Compensation is available to all affected customers as defined through the regulated EU compensation framework and I would encourage you to review what may be available to you on ba.com. I would also encourage you to make a claim for any food, transport and accommodation expenses you may have incurred though our customer relations team.

I know this is not the answer you were hoping for and I'm sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

If you would like to contact me again about this case please click on this link:
www.ba.com/your case

Best regards

XXXXXXX
British Airways Executive Club"
What was the basis of your request? From the dates supplied it doesn't seem you had any flights on one of the disruption days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.