Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Complimentary Status Renewal for Two Years

BA Complimentary Status Renewal for Two Years

Old Jul 27, 17, 6:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
My status still hasn't been renewed, despite having an email from the Executive Club saying that this will happen. My current TP collection year ends 8th August but I have met the TPs for Gold for another year so I will chase this once I have my new expiry date of Sep 2018 unless anything happens before.
Old Jul 27, 17, 7:04 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
2 years? That's nothing!

BA have renewed my status in perpetuity.
Old Jul 27, 17, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer View Post
2 years? That's nothing!

For gold for life perpetuity is 6 months.
Old Jul 27, 17, 7:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Petroleum
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer View Post
2 years? That's nothing!

I'll be Blue for life before too long
Old Jul 27, 17, 7:11 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Yup,

Blue for life now.

Years back they promised me Silver for life, but that was just another marketing ploy.
Old Aug 1, 17, 7:39 am

Programs: BAEC Rust, Skywards Blue, Miles & More (very passive)
My unextended silver card expired yesterday, between the update (mid June) and yesterday I was silver until 31 July 2019, today I am bronze until 31 July 2018.
Waiting for feedback from BA.
I hope I can keep my existing seat selections (or recover them).
Old Aug 1, 17, 3:40 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by dagohh View Post
My unextended silver card expired yesterday, between the update (mid June) and yesterday I was silver until 31 July 2019, today I am bronze until 31 July 2018.
FWIW I'm in exactly the same position ... received a silver extension 'til Jul 2019, correctly showing on my account, and then reset to bronze today with an expiry of Jul 2018.

Would it be too optimistic to think this will sort itself or should I hound the silver line?
Old Aug 1, 17, 3:49 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Blue, FB Silver, Shebamiles, Blue
Originally Posted by St Elmos Fire View Post
Same here... printed the temporary card just in case but if the system says no, I doubt it'll mean a thing
Received my new Silver card today sans luggage tags ^

S
Old Aug 1, 17, 5:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by flyingnomad View Post
Got it as we well. I'd expect for GGLs they are renewing GGL status rather than Gold. Not so sure they're going to renew CCR as well.

If indeed it is a 2-yr extension beyond your current year - might this turn into effectively 3 years for some if they have just started their new membership year when the updates are made? Given how close we are to the 8th of the month ...
This seems to be the case with me.

I was soft landed to Bronze several months ago. My flight on 28 May was cancelled, got the email and the Bronze status was extended. Then after two weeks, I achieved Silver again. Last week I received the new card and baggage tags, with the card expiry date of Feb 2021.

Not sure if I would be landed to Bronze next year though, as I was Bronze when the mess happened.
Old Aug 3, 17, 11:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Rust, Skywards Blue, Miles & More (very passive)
Smile

Silver again.
I received a new-status-welcome-mail, I did not receive last year when I made silver in the first place, but I guess that was BA's IT.
Seat selection was not changed, I expected worse. Maybe a "malfunction" of BA's IT too

Edit:
Yesterday a bronze pack arrived by mail
Old Aug 8, 17, 3:45 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Silver again...
...Seat selection was not changed, I expected worse. Maybe a "malfunction" of BA's IT too ...
Unfortunately I am still waiting for my status to be returned to silver. And, in the meantime, had an aircraft change (for a fight next year) so lost seat selection

Not sure that the silver line will be able to compute this to sort re-selection of seats without a fee before the status thing is sorted - but I'll try it tomorrow!
Old Aug 17, 17, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver, A3
I am still wondering what will happen to my partner and I re the 2 year extension. We are both Bronze have the extended dates. Both will return to Silver long before the end of our respective year ends. Will the new Silver card show the same extended expiry dates?
I ask because we would like to start spending our big bundle of Avios but will only risk it if we have clarity on how long Silver will last.
Old Aug 17, 17, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum, Lufthansa and Virgin
My silvers rocked up....
Old Aug 26, 17, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
It is obviously very early days, but has anyone actually got the extension in circumstances where they did not even hit 4 BA flights in the year which ended since the status renewal promise ?

Last year I had to struggle a bit to make the 4 flights and get the 1,500 TPs, and this year I have been burning Avios on RFS wherever possible, so have only 2 BA revenue flights and 15TPs. I have the 2 year extension showing in my account, and with a few months to my year end I am taking BA at their word and not doing anything to bump those numbers up. However, I have a residual concern that I may still be tripped up somewhere. All that glisters, and all that ....
Old Aug 26, 17, 3:29 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99 View Post
It is obviously very early days, but has anyone actually got the extension in circumstances where they did not even hit 4 BA flights in the year which ended since the status renewal promise ?

Last year I had to struggle a bit to make the 4 flights and get the 1,500 TPs, and this year I have been burning Avios on RFS wherever possible, so have only 2 BA revenue flights and 15TPs. I have the 2 year extension showing in my account, and with a few months to my year end I am taking BA at their word and not doing anything to bump those numbers up. However, I have a residual concern that I may still be tripped up somewhere. All that glisters, and all that ....
I can't see the lack of 4 flights causing you a problem. The extension is based on the status you were at the time.

Search this Thread