When does Avios availability update?

Old May 30, 2017, 3:07 am
Original Poster

When does Avios availability update?

Apologies for the stupid question, but no matter how many times I use my companion voucher I never quite get the timings right of when the availability first gets released! Also does it differ on the BA.com website to what the CS staff see if you phone up? When would first date in 2017 be for availability flying out on May 25th in 2018?
Old May 30, 2017, 3:15 am

current seats are being sold up to the 19th May...so another 6 days to go and will be released midnight/1am (can never remember which it is during BST)
Availability 'should' be the same on the phone and online (although it has been known to differ with some non-BA flights)
Old May 30, 2017, 3:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Release is at midnight GMT (so 1am BST).
Old May 30, 2017, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Perfect, thanks, so one full year + 6 days.

What is the best tactics, to book the outward flight and then add the return flight later? I've only ever booked them all at the same time before, but seems 1st class availability is a lot lower than recent years, even to places like NYC which used to be easy to snag.
Old May 30, 2017, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by Richardc77
Perfect, thanks, so one full year + 6 days.
No, it's T-355 days, 10 days short of a full year.
Old May 30, 2017, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by SteveF
No, it's T-355 days, 10 days short of a full year.
To be precise, the last time that I calculated this I discovered that BA sells 355 days of flights at any one time, including today. So it could be said that at any particular time you can book for that same day and 354 future days.
Old May 30, 2017, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Hi Richardc77 have a really good read through the Q&As here - there's probably a load more you haven't considered - which will be answered excellently by this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...cussion-7.html
Old May 30, 2017, 5:26 am

You mention First availability - BA commits to releasing two business and four economy seats at T-355 on every flight, but there's no commitment to offering any First seats.

So - if they appear, great - grab them. If not, keep looking. When looking for seats on a particular route, it can be useful to do a dummy search for what has been made available in the preceding days to see if there's any discernable pattern to the release.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.