Wiki Posts
Search

Up Yours BA

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2017, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TCM1976JJC
If you don't like BA, find an airline you like. BA has been awesome to me and my family since 1976, so I love the airline.
LOL. I'm guessing that you don't get out much.
Old May 28, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver
If you don't like BA, find an airline you like. BA has been awesome to me and my family since 1976, so I love the airline.
I did this about 2 years ago. QR are incredible, cx are awesome as are ek and ey.
Old May 28, 2017, 9:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
In what way have BA been awesome to you and your family since 1976?
Old May 28, 2017, 9:58 pm

My 2 cents are that this is the state of the industry. I have experienced meltdowns of a similar scale with LH, LY, UA, and others. The cause of the problem may differ, but no single airline is immune to major disruptions. And when it happens - the elite FFs are treated only slightly better than a regular traveler. Unfortunately, I doubt that you will find a better approach elsewhere - and I am not saying this to justify any shortcomings by BA.
Old May 28, 2017, 9:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
I am sure if anybody witnessed this rant or something similar in person at the airport they would be posting in DYKWIA. Does posting such comments on FT bar the OP from entering the same category especially when they felt a need to start a new thread to do so.
Old May 28, 2017, 10:00 pm

Sorry if this is a little off topic, but how does a meltdown like this occur? Did all their fail-safes and backups die too? Just seems insane for this to happen.
Old May 28, 2017, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by WorldLux

I have given up on brand loyalty a long time ago. I pick my flights for each route individually and I'm happy with that.
This is the right thing to do when flying J/F, but if one travels a lot in Y there are benefits in loyalty.
Old May 28, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by madfish
I am sure if anybody witnessed this rant or something similar in person at the airport they would be posting in DYKWIA. Does posting such comments on FT bar the OP from entering the same category especially when they felt a need to start a new thread to do so.
To be fair the other thread did ask people to reduce the noise and clutter and focus on helping people get on their way!
Old May 28, 2017, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by gonebabygone
Sorry if this is a little off topic, but how does a meltdown like this occur? Did all their fail-safes and backups die too? Just seems insane for this to happen.
They outsourced all their IT to cut costs and it's bitten them. They said power services and all backups failed. The exact details of what happened are not (and probably wont ever be) made public.
Old May 28, 2017, 11:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by 1010101
They outsourced all their IT to cut costs and it's bitten them. They said power services and all backups failed. The exact details of what happened are not (and probably wont ever be) made public.
Does the power cable run to India?
Old May 29, 2017, 12:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 1010101
That the IT was outsourced does not imply that the problem would not have occurred if it was still insourced

it depends on what the problem was
Old May 29, 2017, 12:14 am

Programs: BAEC, A3 M&B
Shares

Originally Posted by Banana4321
I bought shares a year ago. They have performed fantastically.
If you bought them exactly a year ago in May, I wouldn't consider the performance stellar. If you snapped them up after the mini crash last July, good on you.

​​​​​​https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/IAG:LN

​​​​​​​Let's see how they perform this week.

Last edited by EuropeToAsia; May 29, 2017 at 12:15 am Reason: fixed link
Old May 29, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
If you want compensation, then if it is due, write into BA detailing the amount and why and see if it is forthcoming
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Your post indicates as desire for compensation given references to being out of pocket - what did you want from the airline when you called it?
The poster bringing up the matter of 'compensation' is you. It seems pretty obvious to me, as it would to anyone who uses air travel to move from location to location, that the OP is saying he expected BA to purchase or at least agree to cover the cost of purchase of flights on another carrier. Flights that were available and would have enabled the OP to get to where he needed to be.

Your post implies that the OP is trying to somehow profit out of the situation, which is nonsense.
Old May 29, 2017, 12:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by crazy8534
The poster bringing up the matter of 'compensation' is you. It seems pretty obvious to me, as it would to anyone who uses air travel to move from location to location, that the OP is saying he expected BA to purchase or at least agree to cover the cost of purchase of flights on another carrier. Flights that were available and would have enabled the OP to get to where he needed to be.

Your post implies that the OP is trying to somehow profit out of the situation, which is nonsense.
I am not implying anything other than he wants to be compensated - which you are stating is what he wants.

If he wants compensation for the cost of the purchase of other flights, my suggestion is to write into customer service with details of expense incurred rather than deal with it over the phone
Old May 29, 2017, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by Banana4321
I bought shares a year ago. They have performed fantastically.
IAG shares have seriously underperformed the market. They are up 12.76% in the last 12 months. Due to growth and currency movements the FTSE 100 is up 25.3%, and even that is pretty poor as far as stock market indices go. IAG was also also one of the worst performing shares of 2016 - you'd have been better off sticking your cash in just about any passive tracker fund and would have made more gains nine times out of ten by picking another stock using a roulette wheel.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.