Wiki Posts
Search

Up Yours BA

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2017, 4:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
People are entitled to their views and to post accordingly there are a lot of people who frequesnt this forum - have you confirmed that all of these only want anti Cruz comments?
No I haven't Dave Noble. Everyone is welcome to post. I am merely indicating my opinion.
Old May 28, 2017, 4:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Up Yours BA

What are your plans for the future....as in, who will you fly with instead of BA and will you give up your BAEC status?
Old May 28, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I want to see pro Cruz comments. I am genuinely intrigued by anyone who defends this clown and the other wallies at Waterside. BA are getting absolutely slaughtered in the press and rightly so. Unabated cost cutting, non existent comms, dreadful PR.......no surprise to anyone on FT, but gradually the wider world is waking up to the travesty that is unfolding with our airline.
Old May 28, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur
I want to see pro Cruz comments. I am genuinely intrigued by anyone who defends this clown and the other wallies at Waterside. BA are getting absolutely slaughtered in the press and rightly so. Unabated cost cutting, non existent comms, dreadful PR.......no surprise to anyone on FT, but gradually the wider world is waking up to the travesty that is unfolding with our airline.
Nicely put, couldn't agree more. I have been telling people how bad they have become for ages but no-one would believe me. Now perhaps they finally will!!
Old May 28, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
I bought shares a year ago. They have performed fantastically.
Old May 28, 2017, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
So the IESB Business School did not teach Alex much I see!
Old May 28, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Your post indicates as desire for compensation given references to being out of pocket - what did you want from the airline when you called it?
It's almost humorous how some things are interpreted here. Being irritated at something costing me twice what I'd expect it to cost does not translate to being a desire for compensation for the extra cost. It translates to...*ding ding ding*...being irritated at something needlessly costing me twice what I'd expect it to cost.

If a friend cheats me out of 50 Euro and I complain to him about it, I'm not "indicating a desire for compensation". I'm telling a friend "Hey, you cheated me out of 50 Euro!". Not everything in life is about the money itself. I'm pretty sure that's the OP's point of view as well.
Old May 28, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So the IESB Business School did not teach Alex much I see!
Well it got him a job as a CEO of an airline. Which is the sort of job many on here seem to covet.
Old May 28, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
Originally Posted by ukgooner
Well it got him a job as a CEO of an airline. Which is the sort of job many on here seem to covet.
Indeed. And apparently 90% reckon we could do a better job by just telling the IT department to "sort it out" lol
Old May 28, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Well...bye
Old May 28, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
I want to see pro Cruz comments. I am genuinely intrigued by anyone who defends this clown
Shareholders?

BA are getting absolutely slaughtered in the press and rightly so.
The repeated s***storms and extensive media campaigns show however how quickly a major incident will be forgotten about. Give it 9 months and most people won't remember this incident.

It's certainly not an excuse but the current outrage won't tricker major structural changes. They'll tweak their current IT systems a little and hope that this won't happen again. Existing customers will leave for other airlines. In a month or two, LH/AA/UA will have their next strike/incident/outage and their customers will find a new home with BA.
Old May 28, 2017, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by Grog
It's almost humorous how some things are interpreted here. Being irritated at something costing me twice what I'd expect it to cost does not translate to being a desire for compensation for the extra cost. It translates to...*ding ding ding*...being irritated at something needlessly costing me twice what I'd expect it to cost.

If a friend cheats me out of 50 Euro and I complain to him about it, I'm not "indicating a desire for compensation". I'm telling a friend "Hey, you cheated me out of 50 Euro!". Not everything in life is about the money itself. I'm pretty sure that's the OP's point of view as well.
You were complaining about the lack of compensation offered in regards to this - trying to call it "service recovery" does not change it
Old May 28, 2017, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by deboyzoned
No I haven't Dave Noble. Everyone is welcome to post. I am merely indicating my opinion.
Your opinion stated "We are not interested" - if you are not interested in opinons, you can simply ignore them
Old May 28, 2017, 8:35 pm

Programs: BA Blue; AA Platinum; Marriott Gold
If you don't like BA, find an airline you like. BA has been awesome to me and my family since 1976, so I love the airline.
Old May 28, 2017, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by WorldLux

Many say that about Carsten Spohr (LH Group), Oscar Munoz (UA) and other airline CEOs.
People say that about any company leader, but none of those people have just had their entire operation collapse for 3 days straight through their own penny pinching. The next set of results will be 'interesting'.

OP, you will have your eyes opened to the world beyond BA. Enjoy it ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.