Returning from JFK tonight - advice appreciated

Old May 27, 17, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue
Returning from JFK tonight - advice appreciated

Currently checked in on BA114 tonight and I doubt we will be going anywhere.
I would be grateful as to how me and my wheelchair user wife should proceed.

For instance do we have to go to JFK to get this sorted?

Thanks
Old May 27, 17, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/27/britis...utage-6666200/

People are now being advised not to come to the airports as all flights will remain suspended due to congestion.
Do you have a twitter account, maybe ask them.
Old May 27, 17, 7:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by chrismk View Post
Currently checked in on BA114 tonight and I doubt we will be going anywhere.
I would be grateful as to how me and my wheelchair user wife should proceed.

For instance do we have to go to JFK to get this sorted?

Thanks
The usual outbound flight to JFK is the BA113. As that is scheduled to leave at 1600L that flight is cancelled. Other flights to JFK may have left LHR and you may be rebooked - especially if you have pre-reserved special assistance for your wife.

There is no need to head to JFK. Once the computer systems are back on line telephone BA and they will rebook you. Because you wife is a wheelchair user you should be given priority.

BA is responsible for your reasonable additional hotel and subsistence costs which become necessary because of the cancellation/delay. Keep your receipts.
Old May 27, 17, 7:51 am
Suspended

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
The dilemma is that they are asking passengers to check the status of their flights before they come to the airport.... However, there seems to be something terribly wrong with that plan.
Old May 27, 17, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
The usual outbound flight to JFK is the BA113. As that is scheduled to leave at 1600L that flight is cancelled. Other flights to JFK may have left LHR and you may be rebooked - especially if you have pre-reserved special assistance for your wife.

There is no need to head to JFK. Once the computer systems are back on line telephone BA and they will rebook you. Because you wife is a wheelchair user you should be given priority.

BA is responsible for your reasonable additional hotel and subsistence costs which become necessary because of the cancellation/delay. Keep your receipts.
Thank you Tobias - much appreciated
Old May 27, 17, 8:58 am

Programs: AA 2MillionMiler, BA ExecutiveClub, UA MileagePlus, AS MileagePlan
I wonder if there's a way to get re-booked on AA. Might be worth a call.
Old May 27, 17, 9:26 am
Senior Mod and Moderator: Aegean Miles&Bonus and British Airways

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Spire
Folks, on behalf on the mod team: we do truly understand that individuals will be looking for information on how to resolve their own personal circumstances, and that some will unquestionably face more difficulties than others, but we have to be realistic in terms of how many different threads the forum can support without becoming totally swamped to the detriment of everyone else - bearing in mind we currently have almost 1,500 people viewing the forum, many of whom will be seeking advice.

With apologies to the OP, we are therefore going to close this thread and would respectfully ask that any queries are directed through the master thread, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...isruption.html.

Thank you for your understanding.

NWIFlyer
Moderator - BA forum

Search this Thread