Checking in at Tenerife South

Old May 26, 17, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Checking in at Tenerife South

Hello BAEC FT members!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

By any chance does anyone know what time BA check-in opens at Tenerife South for BA2731 departing at 19.30pm? I have Silver if that makes a difference.

Apologies for making such a simple request. Hopefully I can change my transfer. Currently has me arriving at the airport 15.30pm.

I did search the forums but could not find anything (maybe my searching skills are terrible!)
Old May 26, 17, 1:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
When I was there in March it was opened 2 hours before... There are a couple of cafes at TFS, or you could sit outside, there are a few shaded places.
Old May 26, 17, 1:47 pm

Programs: BAGGL, TK Elite, Accor Gold, Hilton Dia, IHG Plat
I don't know the answer to check in but TFS IMO is one of the less pleasant airports to hang around in, particularly if there is any flight disruption to the charters. I would try not to arrive this early if you can avoid it. If it helps there is an excellent bus service (TITSA) on the island including to the airport. I use this to avoid expensive transfers if visiting.
Old May 26, 17, 2:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
From what I can remember, if you are travelling in CE, you can use the Iberia lounge. Nothing to get excited about but better than sitting in the departure lounge.
Old May 26, 17, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by TheOldMan View Post
From what I can remember, if you are travelling in CE, you can use the Iberia lounge. Nothing to get excited about but better than sitting in the departure lounge.
It's actually an Aeana lounge. Photos online all show it pre-refurb. Perfectly adequate, better aircon than the terminal. Minimal food (small pots of chicken noodles with a scarily long shelf life to eat cold or heat in the microwave, tortilla/Spanish omelette, crisps etc, olives). Cava was OK, gin is Bombay Dry, beer is Dorada, didn't try the still wine.

Not enough power sockets. Clean toilets.
Old May 26, 17, 2:28 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
TFS isn't too bad compared to the other AENA run charter airports, it's probably the best airport in the Canaries, but still in your shoes I'd find a way to arrive at 17:30 hrs or even a bit later, and spend the time enjoying a leisurely afternoon at your hotel or resort. The lounge is OK, basic, but better than being in the open areas of the airport. I wouldn't aim to be there more than an hour, there are more details in the Europe lounge guide in the dashboard. If you are on the road to Cristianos and Adeje then there is a twice hourly bus service to the airport. Getting through security is fairly swift and the passport check is superficial.

But thank you for the question makeitthisfar, and welcome to Flyertalk, it's by no means the least simple question we have had here! Welcome to the the BA forum.
Old May 26, 17, 4:07 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Enjoy the world's tallest urinal if you're going to use the Gents loos in the AENA lounge at TFS!
Old Jul 9, 19, 10:05 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Hello - resurrecting this one as I am in exactly the same predicament as the OP.

We have to leave our villa at 10am and after almost two weeks of solid clouds guess what? Friday is going to be sunny all day and about 28 degrees.

We are staying in Lomo Roman near Santa Ursula in the North; does anyone have any ideas of what we can do?

We have a car but unfortunately the boot isn't big enough for our three suitcases so therefore two of them will be on the back seat so this is making me think of security concerns.

Any ideas would be appreciated
Old Jul 9, 19, 10:28 am

Was there a few months back. Tips: Check-in booths are shared and very little signage to state CE or Status priority check in lane. Everyone queued up in both lanes so a free for all.
The Lounge is ok, go behind the wooden wall for a quiet zone with Leather tub chairs / sofas with a good view of the runway. Food very limited.
Priority boarding is a joke at TFS, two lanes merge into one and lack of signage or no control of both passenger classes makes it once again a Free for all to the boarding area.
RockyRobin likes this.
Old Jul 9, 19, 12:24 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by RockyRobin View Post
Any ideas would be appreciated
If you go the anti-clockwise route to the airport, what I would do is have a long leisurely lunch somewhere in the vicinity of the Montanas Negras. If you are off the beaten track then I think the bags would be safe in the car, or alternatively park at one of the swisher hotels around Adeje, some of them have good security / underground parking.

If you go to one of the larger hotels they probably won't mind you using their pool and what not so long as you buy a decent sized lunch off them..

In the CWS Recommended List, I do have Restaurante El Guanche, near Masca. It's quite a twisty road to get to it, and they only do lunch, but it is an unforgettable experience.
RockyRobin likes this.
Old Jul 9, 19, 12:42 pm

Thanks for the info.

We did that road the other day over to Los Giganticos

I like the idea of the big hotel parking. I assume you just park up and have a word with reception. Even if they charged us for a shower room that would be great and we could have a look at the Brit end of the island!

I shall look for a familiar named hotel in Adeje
Old Jul 9, 19, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Flew out of TFS on the BA2665 (8pm) Sunday just gone, don’t get there too early, bag drop and security were super quick. Main terminal small and compact in terms of shops and lounge close by.

Boarding no groups at all so queue early or if not requiring overhead space board leisurely last! Was a “celeb” on my flight with a few cronies, their behaviour was rather gross, queue jumped without care and on board were pretty vulgar.

Last edited by mikeyfly; Jul 9, 19 at 3:30 pm
Old Jul 9, 19, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
Flew out of TFS on the BA2665 (8pm) Sunday just gone, don’t get there too early, bag drop and security were super quick. Main terminal small and compact in terms of shops and lounge close by.

Boarding no groups at all so queue early or if not requiring overhead space board leisurely last! Was a “celeb” on my flight with a few cronies, their behaviour was rather gross, queue jumped without care and on board were pretty vulgar.

i hope you gave them them the appropriate look.
Old Jul 13, 19, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post

That's all done with now.

We went to Candelaris for a few hours then on to El Medina where we could watch the aircraft climb above us.

Hire car drop off was smooth but the check in was a bit of a joke.

There was a CE lane and a Bag Drop lane. Then they introduced a third check in lane; both the bag drop and standard check in lanes moved a a standard pace whilst our CE lane crawled. It took 30 mins to check 12 sets of people in, god knows what was going on.

The lounge was a nice surprise and it was a surprise and god send to find a shower which we both gratefully used and it really made the day.

The flight was packed with little noisy darlings in CE but that's life. The M25 was also closed in part which resulted in 2:30am arrival at home.

The highlight of the day was a comment made by a similarly puzzled CE flyer behind us in the check in queue "they have a duty of care to put their best agent on our queue"

The App and the website would only let one of us check just for e record.

Search this Thread