The London DO 2017 - Friday 30th June

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 4, 17, 8:17 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: NoTiersForMe
Wiki Link
Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas’ Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London SE1 7EH

6:30pm to late [hall open from 6]

Venue thanks to gav0106 and his team at St Thomas’ Hospital. For those of you who are new they are employed directly by the hospital and 100% of any profits we make from events and bar spend goes straight back to the Trust for projects involving patients and staff, so by supporting this event you will be giving back as well.

Hi All, sorry for delay in getting some more information, had a busy few days with Cancer Survivors Day and other big events.

For Friday:

Full bar available, we are suggesting - Wine/Beer/Cider/Fizz and Soft Drinks only as we set up the bars ad-hoc, unless anyone really wants spirits we can arrange this.
As always, we will have some great deals on wine and fizz ^

My wine supplier has kindly donated some wines for you all to sample and some tasting notes etc, including a well-known one world non-alcoholic fizz . Which we were the 1st to supply in UK for our oversea's visitors ^

A BBQ will be on hand, no set charge, other than we ask if you can donate £5 or as you feel to our in-house charity - Support GSTT. They do some amazing work, such as the Evelina Zip with London Fire Brigade which raised over £1.2 million for Evelina London Children's Hospital

The 2 hospitals we looks after - St Thomas' at Westminster and Guy's at London Bridge have both suffered in recent weeks with all the terrible events that went on. We look forward to hosting you, and to bring some normality back to the hospital and to celebrate and have fun.

Any questions, feel free to ask, and if you have any requests

Make sure you sign on on the night, as we have some gifts to give away.

Gav

Google maps

PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Attendees updated to post #191
[for people editing this wiki, please scan through entries after the post number above, amend details of attendees below -- clever folks will notice the alphabetical not chronological arrangement -- and update the last post number above. ^]
Confirmed - 47
20Rothmans, angloedades, atcer28, BotB, Calchas, chris1979, Chris_L, Etxebas + 1, GadgetGal, Howarsan, hsmall, james_yuen, JimboandtheJetset, johnaalex, johnny5a, keep_it_Riel, Lefly+1, Ldnn1, LondonAndy, londonbus, londonsmiler, lost_in_translation, mariagri, MarkedMan, megaloman, missdimeaner, MyFlights App, NavyLad, NoTiersForMe, pjh981, Pandra +1, Peasouper, Physci +1, Raffles + 1, rockflyertalk, robertf999, Schofs, Scottnothing, Sealink, Starship73, teledude, hsmall,
Maybe - 25
armouredant, BA Humbug, Barnaby100 +1, BigVince79, CaroFos +1, Forever_in_Seattle, FT-Diplomat, GodAtum, gustavmahler, haasha, Hodders, icegirl, lostinlondon, MrMutton, papyPiHi, Pumplekin, PWOZUK, Richmond_Surrey, RockyRobin, saint_em, snuffi, tjeuk, Ziz
Print Wikipost

Old May 23, 17, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, IHG Spire, former black Cineworld Unlimited, Tastecard
The London DO 2017 - Friday 30th June

back by popular demand.

Save the date: The London DO 2017: Friday 30th June 2017.

We are sticking with the winning formula of great venue, BBQ, an outdoor terrace with fantastic views over London landmarks and hopefully some British Summer Sunshine.

a few links to historic DO's if you haven't been and to wet your appetite:

The London DO 2016: The London DO 2016 - Friday 1st July

The London DO 2015: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...h-october.html

Charity Auction @ The London DO 2015: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...h-october.html

The London DO 2013: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...june-sarf.html

A great TR from Stevieed on the London DO 2013: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...do-2013-a.html

as always, everyone very welcome - OneWorld friends, *A, SkyTeam (we don't judge), hotel runners, etc. - open to all on FT. Again, lurkers, first-timers, partners, spouses, etc also most welcome.

gav0106 is once again our most kind and formidable host. In fact, he's trying to work some magic behind the scenes which will delight the wine buffs.

Looking forward to seeing many old, young and new faces there.

Happy Flying.

Last edited by chris1979; May 24, 17 at 12:05 am
Old May 23, 17, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, IHG Spire, former black Cineworld Unlimited, Tastecard
reserved
Old May 23, 17, 11:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Unfortunately I'll be in the USA that day, but I'm sure y'all will have a great night ^
Old May 23, 17, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Sadly I won't be able to come. Am on a flight to GLA that evening.

EDIT: I will have a look at timings, may be able to swing past on the way.
Old May 23, 17, 11:35 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Sadly I'm working a night shift that night, but could come along for the start perhaps.
Old May 23, 17, 11:44 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
I'm only coming if Percy Pig is too.
Old May 23, 17, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Sadly I won't be able to come. Am on a flight to GLA that evening.

EDIT: I will have a look at timings, may be able to swing past on the way.
please do.

and can you do a wiki as well please (pretty please). you know that I break things like that.
Old May 23, 17, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by navylad View Post
Sadly I'm working a night shift that night, but could come along for the start perhaps.
sounds good. I imagine we'll kick off from 6pm again - though know that there were pre-DO lunches last year as well.

Originally Posted by saint_em View Post
I'm only coming if Percy Pig is too.
I am sure that can be arranged.
Old May 23, 17, 12:21 pm
Senior Mod and Moderator: Aegean Miles&Bonus and British Airways

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by chris1979 View Post
please do.

and can you do a wiki as well please (pretty please). you know that I break things like that.

Wiki created for you. As it's blank you honestly can't break anything at this stage, so dip your toe in!
Old May 23, 17, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
Originally Posted by chris1979 View Post

I am sure that can be arranged.
In that case...

Put me and Mr saint_em (he posts on here as BigVince76) as maybes - we live in London and don't currently plan to be away that weekend but our families are in unpredictable health so things may change!
Old May 23, 17, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks in advance to the organisers.

The OH and I look forward to this year's event.
Old May 23, 17, 1:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Drat. Am back in the UK but will be at Goodwood Festival of Speed.

See you at the next one!
Old May 23, 17, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Darn, I'm in town first week of June (if anyone wants to have pint together PM me)
Old May 23, 17, 2:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Damnit! I'm out of the country then, and back the following day
Old May 23, 17, 2:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, Avis Preferred Plus
We're booked on ZRH-LHR-MAN on Saturday, so I might be able to change the booking, although I would need to know at what time the Do is supposed to start. We might be able to join, but only in the afternoon and evening I think, and only if I can change my RFS.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: